Funny Performance

Started by Anonymous, July 9, 2003, 09:13

Anonymous

Quote from: "zud"
Quote from: "bigun007"Now the car shoots to 60, gets to about 90 ok then the performance just drops right off, i think my old 1.4 got to 110 faster.

Purely for research purposes, someone with a car very much like mine (but not me officer) tried dropping to 4th at 80mph and flooring it on the A3 the other day.  Apparently, the car accelerated faster between 90 and 100 than it had between 80 and 90!   s:D :D s:D   He didn't try the 100 to 110 bit as risking 3 points is OK, in the name of resaerch, but not a ban!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Right........thanks mate, think the car will be going on holiday with Mr T when i get back from mine lol.

mph

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"
QuoteYeah, its deffo Overfueling, the TTE exhaust "pops" all the time especially when de-cellorating.

I thought this is normal, what you think?

Yes thats quite normal.
Nope, this isn't normal and is fairly serious. Pops come from unburnt fuel exploding in the exhaust manifold.
a) The car shouldn't be overfuelling to get to that state;
b) The cats should deal with any excess fuel.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Nope, this isn't normal and is fairly serious. Pops come from unburnt fuel exploding in the exhaust manifold.

...says the man that was spitting 4-6 foot flames out the back at Keevil   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Which reminds me, I need to digitise the video...

mph

Quote from: "pmdye"
Quote from: "mph"Nope, this isn't normal and is fairly serious. Pops come from unburnt fuel exploding in the exhaust manifold.

...says the man that was spitting 4-6 foot flames out the back at Keevil   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Which reminds me, I need to digitise the video...

Err, umm, but...
a) It is unavoidably overfueling under certain conditions
b) There are no CATs
+
c) my exhaust gets a just a little bit hotter than most

Yeah, when *are* you going to get that video done? *I* haven't seen any flames, maybe you lot are making it all up..
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Bigun007

Just for fun whilst on the motorway I regularly drop into 4th gear at 80mph - she goes like sh*t off a shovel  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:   There is one stretch of duel carriageway I use frequently which has quite an incline. My 2 just keeps pulling and pulling until I decide to ease off at 5 score and twenty before reaching the top.

The other thing I have found out is that the engine is much more responsive if I go out having parked the car an hour or so earlier.
I can't wait to get the K&N  filter pad replacement dropped in.

Although I'm no mechanical expert I think a visit to MrT is definitely on the cards.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

*cries into keyboard*

Thank god for warranty, wonder how long i'll be without me baby for though!

Tags: