Engine Hood Drop

Started by 2 of the left, March 24, 2012, 23:02

2 of the left

During the usual weekend cleaning of the 2 I noted that the nearside edge of the hood has dropped a few mm's from it's normal position (no longer flush with the rear light array nor the rear left wing) and for the life of me I cannot pinpoint what's causing it  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Deadmanwalking

Have you checked your tyre pressures?  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
TOPS DOWN DRIVE THU THE NIGHT CLICK HERE] viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37365

2 of the left

Quote from: "Deadmanwalking"Have you checked your tyre pressures?  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Ah!! Me thinks I'll fit a bigger wheel on that corner then!!!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

mikecobra427

Have you tried adjusting the round rubber spacer which is on the slam panel that the engine hood closes onto? There should be one either side of the latch mechanism towards the lights. You back out (anti-clockwise) the rubber spacer to increase its height and turn (clockwise) to lower it.

Just a thought?

Mike

onion86

You could try giving the rubber bit on that side (that helps the engine lid pop) a 1/2 turn anti-clockwise which should pick it up slighty, see if that makes a difference.

*EDIT* boo Mike beat me to it!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

2 of the left

Thanks for info Mike and Onion I'll check it out in the daylight tomorrow  s:idea: :idea: s:idea:

2 of the left

Checked this morning -Nearside Rubber spacing disc is missing!! - Trip to Mr T tomorrow!

AckersMR2

The hood on mine hasn't been popping up when I pull the release lever, I tried lubricating the catch etc but still no joy. Then after reading this I check and noticed my hood sitting a little low, screwed out the adjusters and now it's sitting flush and the hood pops up now on command  :-) :-) :-)
My only car is a Ducati 

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"The hood on mine hasn't been popping up when I pull the release lever, I tried lubricating the catch etc but still no joy. Then after reading this I check and noticed my hood sitting a little low, screwed out the adjusters and now it's sitting flush and the hood pops up now on command  :-) :-) :-)

Yeah that's a common problem, I did it for two people when I went to view cars last year, they were amazed  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

2 of the left

Went to Mr T on commute back from work, taking the scenic route with hood down and to cap it all the rubber adjuster costs £4+  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

nimrod

Looked at this thread and mine has done the same,I wondered why I had lost a bit of paint it probably was hood to body contact  s:( :( s:(

Tags: