Headlamps Misting - extended warranty

Started by Anonymous, April 27, 2004, 12:27

Anonymous

So I just got a bubbling alloy changed, car delivered back to my workplace, and on the job card they'd put "Headlamp misting"

I call them to ask if this will be done under warranty, they say (and none to my surprise) no, this is not covered under extended warranty.

They suggested I should put my lights on for a while while driving, that should clear it up.

My wheel only got changed cos it's less than a year old, not cos of the extended warranty. I'm beginning to wonder if it actually covers anything!
Or whether it's just Rayleigh Toyota (again).

Anyone any thoughts? or any similar experiences?
cheers
Steve

Anonymous

Don't mean to sound daft, but have you got any paperwork to tell you what is and isn't covered.  All this sounds more and more fishy... but if you've nothing to tell you what's covered, then you're at their mercy I guess.

Oh, and if you've not got one, I'd ask for one.  I remember trying to get home insurance from AA, they asked me to read the insurance schedule and details before paying, but didn't send one.  So I asked, they said they'd send one once I'd paid... talk about wrong way round.  They wouldn't relent either.

Anonymous

They just replaced mine under warranty (normal) that was SLM in Bexhill, normally good dealer.

zud

I can't help regarding the extended warranty, but...  I bought mine at 15 months old from a non-Toyota car dealer.  They explained/claimed that the headlight misting had been caused by their high-pressure washer, but that it would clear if I drove with the headlights on, and to bring it back if it didn't clear.  It took several weeks, but hasn't returned since last Mar/Apr.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Tem

And if the normal driving doesn't demist them, just take the bulb out and use a hair dryer/heatgun to blow some hot air in there. There's really no need to change them, unless they mist after every rain or so..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Yeah I got the bumf, just not with me.
So I rings back the lass, all dispondent and stuff, asking for the Rayleigh Toyota definition of the difference between warranty and extended warranty. I told her that I didnt have the blurb with me but all I can remember is that the cover was supposed to be like-for-like except for wear-and-tear type stuff.
She admits to not knowing much about warranty herself and will get someone to call me back.

10 minutes later, she calls back, she'd spoken to the actual warranty peeps themselves and lo and behold, it's now covered by e.w.
And they're gonna fix it. So great.

But you know, I have to go through this rigmourole every time, of:

1. me calling report a prob, see if they can do it under warranty
2. them saying no
3. me accepting it
4. me calling back questioning it
5. them calling the warranty company
6. them calling back saying ok they'll do

just annoying   s:x :x s:x  

but anyhoo, job done (well booked in) so   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"And if the normal driving doesn't demist them, just take the bulb out and use a hair dryer/heatgun to blow some hot air in there. There's really no need to change them, unless they mist after every rain or so..

unfortunately, has been misted up for weeks, 24/7, whatever the weather, so luckily they're now sorting it out!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Stevo"10 minutes later, she calls back, she'd spoken to the actual warranty peeps themselves and lo and behold, it's now covered by e.w.

If you get any paperwork to back this up can you let me know cos Im having a battle with my dealer at the moment who won't replace headlights or rear clusters (which are worse) on my 53!

Anonymous

Quote from: "swp"If you get any paperwork to back this up can you let me know cos Im having a battle with my dealer at the moment who won't replace headlights or rear clusters (which are worse) on my 53!

I JUST had mine done, if you can wait until early next week i can fax some stuff to you if my dealer will give it to me??!!??

darrenjuggins

Hi,

Warranty , Extended Warranty....

I will be posting the reply to my Alloy's letter that I got from Japan, apparently this letter (that is still yet to arrive from Toyota GB) goes on in some length about things.

In a nut shell I told them the alloy's are defective, period and should be replaced as a manufacturing defect (warranty, extended warranty or no warranty).

Plus I also mentioned there rather mis - appropriate comments used to discribe there extended warranty - quote:

A Toyota warranty is an extension of the original warranty on your new or used vehicle. If a part covered by the warranty suffers a failure, we'll fix it. It's as simple as that: nothing to pay for replacement parts or labour, just routine servicing and maintenance costs.

Hmmm I DONT THINK SO.... if this was the case everything that was covered under the first three years, WOULD be covered in the next 1 / 2 depending on what you purchased......

When you eventuallyg the documentation - you actually only get a electrical and mecanical warranty - NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY - Mis selling comes to mind here....

As I say I will post the letter WHEN i actually receive it !!!

As for the WHEELS they STILL refuse to replace them.....

I'm gonna have a talk with my solicitor about this.....

Finally - I am getting all my discs replaced under extended warranty, but I am having to stand the cost of the pads... so there is hope for the extended warranty!!! Just !!!.

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"
Quote from: "swp"If you get any paperwork to back this up can you let me know cos Im having a battle with my dealer at the moment who won't replace headlights or rear clusters (which are worse) on my 53!

I JUST had mine done, if you can wait until early next week i can fax some stuff to you if my dealer will give it to me??!!??

ok, well let us know if/when you do this mate, else I'll see what I can do for Sandi.

Mine's not booked in to be done till the 15th May though.

Always worth mentioning the forum Sandi, some dealers recognise it may cause bad publicity if they dont play fair, you can quote me in saying Rayleigh Toyota dealership called up the actual Toyota warranty company (a separate company) who said it IS covered, and R.T. ARE doing the work.
<edit>And mine is Extended Warranty, so your normal warranty should DEFFO cover it</edit>

SimonC_Here

Just to confirm that my front right light was replaced by MrT under extended warrenty.

They even suggested it (I was in for somthing else).

Inchcape Toyota Oxford. (not exactly my local one  s:) :) s:)  )

Simon

heathstimpson

Quote from: "swp"
Quote from: "Stevo"10 minutes later, she calls back, she'd spoken to the actual warranty peeps themselves and lo and behold, it's now covered by e.w.

If you get any paperwork to back this up can you let me know cos Im having a battle with my dealer at the moment who won't replace headlights or rear clusters (which are worse) on my 53!
I had both my rears replaced under warrenty yesterday on a 03 @ Steven Eagell in Milton Keynes. They didn't quibble at all.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "Stevo"
Quote from: "bigun007"I JUST had mine done, if you can wait until early next week i can fax some stuff to you if my dealer will give it to me??!!??

ok, well let us know if/when you do this mate, else I'll see what I can do for Sandi.

Mine's not booked in to be done till the 15th May though.

Always worth mentioning the forum Sandi, some dealers recognise it may cause bad publicity if they dont play fair, you can quote me in saying Rayleigh Toyota dealership called up the actual Toyota warranty company (a separate company) who said it IS covered, and R.T. ARE doing the work.
<edit>And mine is Extended Warranty, so your normal warranty should DEFFO cover it</edit>

thanks for this - would be grateful for anything I can wave under their nose as I've been in a couple of times and they won't play.
..and I thought we weren't sposed to mention the forum..? I've dropped in that i "know of people" who have had theirs replaced but haven't mentioned the club as I thought it wasn't encouraged?

markiii

I wouldn't say not encouraged, I just find you have more credibility if you say the owners club rather than the internet.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

yes apologies, owners club = good, should've specified.

heathstimpson

As a follow up I had both my rear clusters replaced a week ago and they are both now misted a lot worse than the originals were  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"As a follow up I had both my rear clusters replaced a week ago and they are both now misted a lot worse than the originals were  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

wonderful wonderful stuff, I will look forward to that sort of workmanship
tssk!

Tags: