Electronic Performance Module

Started by Anonymous, April 28, 2004, 04:51

Anonymous

Has anybody installed the following item
Stage 2 tri-phase performance module available at  w www.nextlevelracing.com w
If so does it work?

Tem

Quote from: "kalinda"If so does it work?

Yes, it does work.

But you can buy a resistor from local store for much much much less. It won't come in a fancy box though, but it will do the same.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Can you tell me what resistor to buy how to install it and what benefits I will get?

Tem

Quote from: "kalinda"Can you tell me what resistor to buy how to install it and what benefits I will get?

IIRC, some 1.2k was the best...but I got a 3k variable to be sure. You install it by cutting the engine temp sensor wire and soldering the variable in it.

Benefits...well, I can only speak for Mk1 MR2 and it does pretty much what a poorly tuned chip would do. Gave a little extra power and decreased the mpg.

It makes the ECU think the engine is still a bit cold, so it dumps more fuel (and possibly changes the advance?). I'm not really sure if that's a good idea with our Mk3, cause apparently it's already running rich under full throttle anyway...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks

juansolo

Quote from: "kalinda"Has anybody installed the following item
Stage 2 tri-phase performance module available at  w www.nextlevelracing.com w
If so does it work?

There are no such things as cheap power upgrades and those power claims are laughable.  The correct way to do this is with a proper programable ecu or a programable piggyback ecu module set up by someone who knows what they are doing on either a rolling road or engine dyno.  Full ecu, fitting and dyno time is likely to weigh in at not far short of a grand and then you *might* get the sort of power claims that the wonderwidget is boasting.

My advice, avoid.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

If this device causes the engine run richer, won't it have a detrimental effect on the cats?

Tags: