Halfway Through Engine Change

Started by colindj69, April 3, 2012, 19:06

colindj69

Hi All

Had my car for 3 years now and I've just unpacked it out of storage for the summer, but first on the list is a new engine due to lots of smoke (pre 2003) (pre cats removed long before I owned it)

I started the work today and have had quiet a productive day, no major problems so to speak. I have got most of the surrounding items unbolted and disconnected, I've just got to remove the cross-member, drop drive shafts, unbolt engine mounts, and hopefully it's ready to drop out...

I do have a couple of questions tho if anyone can help ?

A few people have been saying on here to disconnect the ecu and push loom through the bulkhead/firewall.. Do I need to do this, and if so, why ?? I have unplugged everything from the engine etc so the wiring loom (in theroy) should stay put and engine drop out the bottom... carefully of corse   s:D :D s:D  

Water pump 'o' ring seal, is this a MrT only part. I have tried a couple of places but no luck, it comes with a new water pump but I already have a fairly new water pump here.

And lastly, anyone got any tips that will help me see the light at the end of the tunnel   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

great site btw....

Cheers
Colin

Tags: