Adding Some Extra Fun

Started by AmeR, April 3, 2012, 23:06

AmeR

My intention is to pop the silicone elbows of the CC and undo the bracket, and hopefully be able to drop it down and rotate 180 degrees to have the in / outlets facing up and using the header tank and the pump should be able to bleed it out properly. I am definitely not making a low enough temperature within CC!!

loadswine

Once the air is out, it should be fine inverted. Its a nice neat install, good job!  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

Looking very neat on Saturday Paul. If trapped air is your main shakedown issue then you can give yourself a huge pat on the back for a job well done.  s8) 8) s8)  

From your PM'd description of how it behaved in various ambients, the charge temperature has to be your prime candidate for stumblies and choking a little under boost, but I'll pop over so we can confirm your TPS calibration and look at the idle air map etc with the EM software.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

mr-ed_smt

Fantastic build Paul, congratulations. You've made it look quite easy (although I'm sure its not!)
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

JoniiBoii

Where could you buy this kit? and do you know anyone selling one second hand? many thanks !  s:) :) s:)

markiii

this kit?

you couldn't it started off as a Hass and then was heavily modded by me, to include Chargecooler and Exhaust and custom map. It was then bought from me by Simon who then sold it to Paul

so its pretty much a custom kit at this point
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

vinp182

Quote from: "JoniiBoii"Where could you buy this kit? and do you know anyone selling one second hand? many thanks !  s:) :) s:)

Keep your eye on the for sale thread mate, turbo kits come up every now and then you just have to wait im affraid
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

AmeR

Ok, last night I managed to drop the chargecooler down and rotate it bleed the inevitably trapped air. Well, I have to say, there was a fair bit!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

However, the important news is that I have this bled now and following a run out, it was chilly all over despite the hot TRD brace sat just above it!! Result!!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
Thanks all for the advice, and pointing out how my rushing to hit Ding Day had kind of kicked my "slow and steady" approach of the last few weeks in the nuts!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Also, thanks for the kind words, though I have scratched my CC doing this so it's on my tart up list once again!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

nice looking forward to seeing it in action
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]I think we can do without the chit-chat that hd nothing to do with the build of the car or the topic under discussion. I do particularly like one part of it and will use it here just to remind everyone to stay on topic
QuoteIf you don't have anything constructive to add to the actual build thread, then please don't let the door hit you on the way out!!
well done Amer   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   [/MOD][/color]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: