puddle at the front :(

Started by woodman, April 7, 2012, 14:53

woodman

just wanted to check with you guys before forking any pennies out.....
lent the car to my dad yesturday, he parked up, had some tea etc and then i came out to find a puddle under the front bumper nearer to the drivers side. appears to be coolent  s:( :( s:(  asked him if he´s noticed anything while driving (overheating etc) but he said no, so i checked the level and low and behold it was waaaaaaaay down below minimum. topped it up, took it for a spin in the hope of it settling, parked up and within 20mins the puddle was back and coolent level right down again   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

new radiator time or could it just be a split pipe etc??

thanks in advance guys
JDM[size=85]addict[/size]

AmeR

Sounds as though it's within that region. Best bet is to remove the plastic under the front and the bin, and have aa right good nosey in there!!

Dyn-Evo

Just remove the frunk liner, with the engine running, get someone to give it some revs...look to see where the coolant comes from........!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Could be either, but if its the original rad, then its more likely to be that, tbh.....?

Edit: AmeR beat me to it...!   s:D :D s:D
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

woodman

will have a good ganders at it in a min, cheers guys, just wanted to double check with the pro´s  s:) :) s:)

AmeR

The easiest way is to get in there!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Hope it's nothing major. I believe plenty of guys on here have changed their rads on their own quite easily though if that helps

PeteT

The other thing to consider apart from coolant is screen wash, the reservior is located there.

My coolant level goes up and down like a yoyo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Pete

2 of the left

I have recently had the rad replaced - was losing coolant on a daily basis but it didn't show exactly where for a while - but when it did, it was direct from the Rad. Your problem could be hoses!! - but you'll need to get "frunk" plastics out and have a good search whilst the system is under pressure  s:| :| s:|
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

woodman

thanks again guys, did as i was told, turned out it was the rad. pete, my fingers where crossed that it was the screen wash, great minds eh lol. anywhos, looks like tuesday is going to be a busy car day.... back to stock shocks, new fogs, new cat, speakers back to stock, badges back on, new plugs, oil change, new sensors, a good clean AND now a new rad..... sold by wednesday hopefully  s:( :( s:(

AmeR

Still not selling those coilies for funds?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Bad luck, but at least you can reassure the new owner of the car and maintenance that you have lavished on it!!

woodman

Quote from: "AmeR"Still not selling those coilies for funds?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Bad luck, but at least you can reassure the new owner of the car and maintenance that you have lavished on it!!
lol nope!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  keeping them for the next 2, sorry.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: