Why she was handling like cr*p

Started by Stephster, April 13, 2012, 14:15

Stephster

Ever since I had my tyres changed, the 2 has been handling like rubbish, even when the pressures were adjusted. Today I was doing 60/70 mph and she was shaking herself to bits.
I took her in to ATS ( as first tyre place I came to in Market Harborough ), and the answer as to why has become very clear.
The 1st tyre place didn't balance the front tyres properly, one was out 55gr the other 38gr. So be wary if you get your tyres from Blackcircles.com....
I also had my front tyres aligned : . Sorry, it's upside down   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Result = beautiful drive back home, and I am a fan of of 2s again !
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

Curlytoppz

Had 4 wheel laser alignment done on mine for the first time last week too and the improvement in handling and performance is amazing.

StuC

Glad to see you are feeling the love again  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

PeteT

Here you go Steph

Are they great when they handle well  s:D :D s:D  

Pete

AmeR

To be fair to blackcircles, they use local garages, so it's the garage that screwed it. Glad you got it sorted!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

steve-m-uk

Amazing how much of a difference a good geo set up makes isn't it, i now consider having the geo checked and adjusted annually a service item along with mot and tax etc
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

iPap

How come the back has changed? Doesn't look like the machine is strictly accurate to me!
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

Wabbitkilla

It would be worth letting Blackcircles know about your experience, they negotiate with these garages to do the fitting for them and will want to make sure the same doesn't happen to anyone else. They are a pretty good bunch but have to rely on the garages fitting the tyres.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Stephster

I have got the paperwork that says how much the wheel balance was out by, so am going to send a copy of that and an email to Blackcircles - this was their recommended "premier" tyre fitting service as well !
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

bigwillcv36

Definitely let them know. I use Black Circles lots, and the "preferred garage" I use has been excellent (other than being 1 or 2 psi out on tyre pressures, but we need to be fussy!)
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

VVT-i

There should be a section for leaving feedback about the garage who fitted the tyres... go find it and post how your experience was with whoever fitted your tyres.. blackcircles really won't care less about the odd incident, as long as the money is coming in.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

2 of the left

Quote from: "Stephster"Ever since I had my tyres changed, the 2 has been handling like rubbish, even when the pressures were adjusted. Today I was doing 60/70 mph and she was shaking herself to bits.
I took her in to ATS ( as first tyre place I came to in Market Harborough ), and the answer as to why has become very clear.
The 1st tyre place didn't balance the front tyres properly, one was out 55gr the other 38gr. So be wary if you get your tyres from Blackcircles.com....
I also had my front tyres aligned : . Sorry, it's upside down   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Result = beautiful drive back home, and I am a fan of of 2s again !
Had the same problem last week with Kwikfit after they sorted a slow bleed on the rear offside they failed to re-balance on completion and the 2 "had the shakes all over" at 65+mph  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Tags: