2001 mrk 3 mr2

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2012, 20:16

Anonymous

Hi
I am at the very start with this 1.8 vvti box standard engine with no experience
I am trying to get a bit more bhp out the engine with good value for money.... my orignal plan was getting the engine chipped also k&n fillter with exhaust but unsure if the bhp ill get out of the engine by dowing this will be worth the money or if the factory has the car set to the best proformance

I am at the start of this but confussed can any 1 advice me on this most appreciative

Colin

Anonymous

Hi Colin, loads of info on this on the site, have a good read through this section. You can unichip etc, but you will probably have to budget for a remap.
For serious gains its really either turbo or engine swap.

Loads of informed peeps on here, sure someone will give you some more in depth answers.

Anonymous

Thanks
 I am heading to the garage over the next few day in regards to chipping the engine

Anonymous

You do know you cant chip the ecu?

Anonymous

no a didn't sorry...

Anonymous

You need something like a unichip.

Anonymous

Na tune with a noticable difference is the cost of a second hand tte turbo which will give more power. Best money spent is on bracing and handerling mods. But it depends on your budget.

AmeR

Welcome along.

I'd suggest having a nosey at this thread to give you some idea as to what can be achieved NA on a 1ZZ (short of reboring etc).

As Rich says though, some money should be put on bracing for the car as well. You'll be surprised how much quicker the car can be when it's sharper in the bends!!   s:D :D s:D  

Or Turbo / 2ZZ swap / V6 swap, etc for serious power. Plenty of info and threads on all of these on the forum (drop a few bits in to the search at the top ^, and you'll see what I mean   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

Tags: