eml removed from circuit board

Started by wotugonado, April 26, 2012, 22:39

wotugonado

I have read the posts on this, but none actually say what led is required, there is a link on one to maplins but the part is no longer available. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as ive already tried some leds to no conclusion an its cracking me up .
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Anonymous

Ste has replaced one of these,he said these are a 2v 3mm super bright orange.

Quote from: "spit"Yep thats correct. If you go down that route, keep an accurate record of any change so that you can evidence the swap when you come to sell.

As for the Maplin LED, I've long since lost the receipt but I think it was a 3mm 'super bright' orange LED that i used.  m http://www.maplin.co.uk/3mm-superbright ... -led-45934 m  But I think any pretty standard 2volt LED will work just fine.

If you shove a meter on the leftovers of the circuit board you can confirm that you're getting a voltage through.

wotugonado

Thanks mate,
thats the link that that takes you through to the discontinued product, but i have now fixed it hurrah  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  it turns out the led s i had have to be
fitted to the circuit board a certain way round, after much fiddling around with the leds i finally got them to work. So pod repaired, just got to fix the cause of the eml now.........................

Anonymous

Yep they only work one way as led stands for light emitting diode. And a diode by nature only allows power one way.

wotugonado

I know that now  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
one leg was slightly longer than the other that was the only way of telling which was which. Oh well another lesson learned!

Tags: