Bubble prevention..........any ideas?

Started by Anonymous, July 9, 2003, 13:53

Anonymous

After getting my set of new alloys a couple of months ago, I wanted to know if there was any way that anyone knows of either preventing or reducing the risk of the alloys bubbling again? Under three years for bubbling to appear is pretty shite innit? Also, I think I read somewhere either on here or the old board, that Toyota UK no longer fit new alloys for a claim. They fit recon alloys cos the original coating that Mr T put on their wheels was pants, so Mr T UK decided to send them to a UK based refurb place cos their refurbishment and coating was a lot better. Is this true? And if so, does it mean that the new alloys I have will last a bit longer than the originals did?

Basically, I don't want it happening again cos I will be out of warranty and can't afford a new set!

Also, I have a ver small coating chip (nothing major, only noticed it when cleaning the wheels), but it is in a bit of a nasty place and I don't want that to be the start of something horrible.....

Any ideas will be most welcome! Cheers guys!  s:D :D s:D

markiii

yep all refurbs are done by pristine at Milton Keynes, and the finish is better than the original.

Apparently the new scoobies have an even worse coating.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"yep all refurbs are done by pristine at Milton Keynes, and the finish is better than the original.

I can vouch for that - that was where i had my wheels repared after my prang... done a superb job!

Anonymous

Use a Wheel wax this is as it says a wax for wheel and not only gives it a good shine and brake dust barrier but stops the laqour getting oxidzed and bubbling   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Ok. Cheers Buster, will give that a go. I take it the local Halfords is the place then?  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

errr not to sure as it gose ????   s:? :? s:?  

Hold on let me get MAX POWER out and have a look   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalogue ... rom=search m

Demon tweeks arh har never let me down expensive tho but very good

filcee

I'm (infrequently) using Halfords Alloy Wheel protector.  Seems to help, I have some very minor bubbles, but on the whole the '2's wheels are a lot better than any other car I've owned.

The protector seems to gather all the brake and road dust, rather than it settling on the finish.  Nice and easy to wash clean too.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Tags: