Fuel system decarbonizer

Started by Anonymous, May 1, 2012, 23:46

Anonymous

Just watched Wheeler Dealers where Ed China cleaned a Jag engine with a fuel system decarbonizer machine,hydrocarbon reading went from 540ish to 80ish which I was pretty impressed with.Its new technology apparently so I think I may have to look out for this.

puma2

s:D :D s:D  sound expensive, be interesting to see new things like this become available. any more more info on this please share  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

It was about an hour of running the engine with these 2 tins of liquid going from the machine and through the engine so I don't think it will be super expensive when it becomes more widely available.

AckersMR2

I saw that, Ed said it costs around £70?
My only car is a Ducati 

Anonymous

Quote from: "AckersMR2"I saw that, Ed said it costs around £70?

Yep your right,just rewound the sky+.

ChrisGB

You can get some pretty big improvements in combustion chamber and inlet tract / inlet valve cleanliness by running a good quality super unleaded for 1000 miles. Works out cheaper than £70.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

puma2

s:D :D s:D  good price for that, was expecting more £s than that   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
wonder if it will take off and become more available in time, if no harm to engine it be all good  s:) :) s:)

ba995

i have been trying to find more info on this, are there any garages that offer this solution?

puma2

s:D :D s:D  good info looking at getting this done  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Just got this response after inquiring about local service centers to Rochdale.

Hello Bryan

Thanks for your enquiry regarding TerraClean vehicle decarbonising, I am sorry it has taken a while to get back to you. As you are aware the product featured on a recent episode of Wheeler Dealers and we have received a massive amount of enquiries which we are working our way through.

The technology is new to the UK  and we do not have an operator close to you . The closest operator we do have is;

Family Autos
Low Road
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS10 1RA

Tel 0113 2762430  

or  

ADS Ltd
Preston technical Management Centre
Marsh Lane
Preston
Lancashire
PR1 8UQ

Tel 01772 201597

If you  would prefer to be advised when we have somebody closer just let me know and we will update you to confirm a closer appointment or if you use social networking you can either follow TerraClean on Twitter or Like TerraClean on Facebook, using the links below, and you will automatically be advised as we appoint new service operators.  We have several thousand people already on such a "waiting list"

Finally Bryan if you have a regular garage you use why not tell them to contact us and they could become your local TerraClean operator.

If you have any further questions at this stage do not hesitate to come back to me.

Regards

Martin C Dowd
Managing Director

Randstad Limited - Diesel Power Tuning - TerraClean Decarbonising Solutions

Websites:  m http://www.randstadltd.co.uk m  &  m http://www.dieselpowertuning.co.uk m  &  m http://www.terraclean.co.uk m

EDIT:
One has just opened near me.

Hello Bryan

Just a no update for you on the TerraClean network. By the end of June we
will have an operator much closer to you.

Duke Street Autopoint Limited
Rochdale
OL12 0LT

Tel 01706 356266 Tony Crisci
Edit wrong number given,right number: 01706 526677
I am sure they will be taking advance bookings in due course.

puma2

just had the same reply to that, they gave me Bristol as my nearest . Not sure if i would visit them with the engine i got now as starting to drink oil, so may be a waste. will look at it and see if any come to sunny Wales soon,  s:) :) s:)

jonas

Have thought about having this done for a while now and was waiting until someone on here had tried it before i took the plunge........as no one has i thought i would take one for the team and go for it!

Im booked in next thursday and have arranged for a before and after readout to hopefully show the benefit of the system, i'll also take photos and update the post afterwards.

For interest the garage i'll be using is Columbus Autos Based near Devizes, Wiltshire and the cost is £75 all in, it takes about an hour or so.

Watch this space   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

wotugonado

I watched that on wheeler dealers again last night, very interesting, there is another thread on here about it but i think you maybe the first to post results  s:D :D s:D  
looking forward to hearing all about it.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

PeteT

You might want to have a chat to this guy.
 l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39334&p=465514 l

Please come back with your feedback and before and after results.
Pete

simers

can someone tell me please what this actually is??
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

PeteT

Quote from: "simers"can someone tell me please what this actually is??

m http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terraclean m
Pete

simers

dont think i need to do that now then after my full engine rebuild
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

manchestermatt1986

Quote from: "jonas"Have thought about having this done for a while now and was waiting until someone on here had tried it before i took the plunge........as no one has i thought i would take one for the team and go for it!

I'm booked in next thursday and have arranged for a before and after readout to hopefully show the benefit of the system, i'll also take photos and update the post afterwards.

For interest the garage i'll be using is Columbus Autos Based near Devizes, Wiltshire and the cost is £75 all in, it takes about an hour or so.

Watch this space   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

keep us informed of the before and after readouts   s:) :) s:)
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

jonas

Had the terraclean done yesterday at Columbus garage near devizes and what was supposed to be an hours job turned into a 2 and a half hour epic......  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  

first off a big thank you to the guys on here who replied to my rather frantic post asking about isloating the fuel pump! and also to the guys at the garage who perserved with the tight spaces on the MR2 and its foibles.....

If your thinking of having a terraclean here are some pointers for the garage to be aware of;

1. its a damn site easier on a ramp (plus you can have a good look around)

2. because the fuel pump has to be isolated you cant simply remove the fuse in the engine bay as this disables the ecu (?) as well, meaning the car wont start, and you do need it running...
3. under the bin behind the drivers side is a metal plate that you remove and lo and behold  there is the fuse you disconnect to isolate the pump.

4. you need to remove passenger bin to get the drivers one out.

The terraclean machine is then loaded with two aerosol cans with the magic juice in, then the connection pipe is fed up underneath the car to the fuel line where an adaptor (the garage i went to had a load of adaptors from terraclean but most didnt fit but luckily they had a load more that they had made up and one of these did) is used to connect directly in.

Fuel cap open, car tuned on, fast idle set and then wait for 20-25mins until the stuff has done its thing, then everything in reverse.

Got the garage to do an emissions reading for before and after, its all greek to me so would appreciate some feedback.

before

after

Would have loved some performance data but time just ran away and with other customers waiting just didnt happen, but from a laymans opinion the car certainly feels more responsive and more nippy in higher gears but hey it could be the placebo effect  s:? :? s:?  Had a look at the O2 sensors and they are sparkling! which is nice i assume......

hope this helps

Jonas

markiii

impressive difference on the Hydrocarbons

I'd be intrigued to see them again in 500 miles time, to see if it reverts back to previous levels or provides a consistent benefit
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

pazaz21

w www.terraclean.co.uk w

After reading good reviews, I am having this done to my car on Sunday from a garage in Whitchurch.  It costs £85 and they are mobile and come to you.  

My car is 10 years old now so it could probably do with a good engine clean.........Il post back on sunday to let you know if the car feels any different etc.

Maybe if this is good and works well it could be arranged for them to be at Ding Day next year?    s:D :D s:D  

This is the guys number if anyone else is around the Wrexham / Cheshire area and would like there car cleaned.    Clive on 07946 350661.
Black 03 - Electro Luminescent Glow Dials - AEM Cold air Induction - Pioneer F900BT - HID (6000K) Xenon\'s - Red Leather - TRD Style Bar - Red Callipers, Front Rotordisc Brake Discs.

The Zohan

Thinking of getting our two cars done - interesting write up  m http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... terraclean m

Be interested to hear about your experience
2000 Roadster in blue, Hardtop, KYB struts, EBC Greenstuff, Chassis brace and Toyo Proxies.
Could do with a little more power...or could just lose some weight....

PeteT

[MOD] Merged topics
Pete

Anonymous

Quote from: "PeteT"[MOD] Merged topics

Why not merge this too.   l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38175&p=456666&hilit=terraclean#p456666 l

Tags: