Help? Engine Warning Light...

Started by w00dhead, May 2, 2012, 18:56

w00dhead

I had the phone call from my wife this morning that evey man fears... "Your engine warning light has come on". I don't think the, 'its not my fault' tone' in her voice helped my mood...

Don't know what to do next? Do I need to take to Toyota and get them to plug the car in to a box of tricks to get a fault code or do any club members have the relevant know how

Last time the engine warning light came on was about 2yrs ago and that was an O2 sensor - I had a warranty on the car at the time so it didn't cost me anything to get it fixed. I was told at the time however that had I not had the warranty it would have been quite costly

Any advise would be very welcome...

Steve Green

Use the search button, top right on this page and all will be revealed.
Buy a code reader or take it to any garage and get the code.
Then use the search button and tell us the code if you need more help. Without the codes we cannot really help, it could be anything.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Anonymous

Bring it to me and I can read it for you.

w00dhead

Quote from: "life of bryan"Bring it to me and I can read it for you.

Thanks, just sent you a PM

w00dhead

Thanks to 'life of bryan' for his help last night... Code Reader came up with P1349. From the list of codes with assumed this to be O2 sensor related. Unplugged the potential offending item and did a re-set to see if it then came back on.  It did but with a different code. Did another re-set and so far (about 30 miles since) the light is still off......

w00dhead

now just done a search on 'P1349'.... A few interesting items on there to read thru

normanh

OCV on Lexus forum for a similar code issue.

norman

Anonymous

Steve Green

It shows the power of the forum and the value of adding your location to your personal info.
Well done Bryan, looks like someone owes you more than a beer or two.

I hope the final resolution is a quick and cheap one.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Tags: