Cusco Overshaft front and rear strutbars

Started by LeeUK, May 2, 2004, 15:04

LeeUK

Looking at the Cusco Overshaft front and rear strutbars on takakaira,

14664  Type OS Front Strut  MR-S   99.10~   ZZW30     ¥15000
   US$139  
14665  Type OS Rear Strut  MR-S   99.10~   ZZW30     ¥15000
   US$139  

Will these fit ok? Has anyone got pics of these fitted?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

dieamond

they fit, but for the front one, you need to remove or cut the plastic.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

Quote from: "dieamond"they fit, but for the front one, you need to remove or cut the plastic.

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... o+template m

LeeUK

Cool thanks, the front strut bar looks great!  Anyone got a pic of the rear bar?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

SteveJ

Are you looking for these braces as a cosmetic mod (in which case the thread is in the wrong place  s;) ;) s;)  ) or do you want the handling to improve.

If you are looking for handling, then the rear brace (in several peoples opinion not just mine) is a waste of money. The front brace on the other hand is an absolute must  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

To qualify the above statement, some measurements were done and posted on SC (prior to the hack  s:( :( s:(  ) that showed IIRC aprox 5mm of movement between the front suspension towers with no brace, and none after the brace was fitted. This compared with 0.5mm on the rear with the stock brace, and 0.5mm with the Cusco fitted.

markiii

I agree with Steves figures on teh fronts, but don't remember the back.

personally, I would do teh back as well, but it would be my last mod were I doing it again, as theres far better ways to spend your money.

short shifter perhaps?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: