Which Clutch and Flywheel?

Started by Skorps78, May 14, 2012, 09:22

Skorps78

The clutch is on its way out and will need replacing soon so.......

I'm after one that will handle some modifications. Its a long term project by won't be much over the 200bhp mark.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Also want to change the flywheel while the job is being done.

Any recommendations would also be greatly appreciated.
2002 Lagoon Blue - JSpec Nose Badge - De-Badged Rear

loadswine

One of the LUK clutches that Charlesworth do, would be a good choice and a Fidanza lightweight fly would go nicely with it. Always assuming you are NA, otherwise a lightweight fly is a bit unnecessary. If you do the fly, don't forget new flywheel bolts, as I seem to recall that they are single use items. ( around £60 or so for those)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

spit

I was looking at flywheel bolts yesterday on another install. They're not single use, but come with the caveat that they should be replaced if broken or damaged (Duh!) or if they don't meet the torque specification.

Torque is 36 ftlb first and then an additional 90 degrees. Threadlock on 'em before installing.

Tightening sequence is in several passes across diag opposites: 1 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 9'o'clock, 3 o'clock, 10.30, 4.30, 1.30, 7.30.

Charlesworth don't supply the higher-rated LUK hybrid any more, but they do still supply the standard LUK replacement, as do many other outlets. Its a light and very smooth clutch. I don't have any real recommendations for an uprated clutcyh other than to avoid the Exedy organic.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

markiii

I had the RPS flywheel which is now in Ste's, a very worthwhile upgrade

agree with ste ref the bolts, however at £40 for a set I'd rather not risk it, a flywheel coming loose is dangerous in the extreme
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

Ah my bad on the bolts then. Not sure where I got that info from. Oops!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Skorps78

How does the LUK  standard clutch compare to Fensports standard?

I can only find an LUK priced at around £85 and Fensports is around the same price.

Skorps78

Anyone seen this clutch before?

m http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=DT193FR6084&a=i m

Tags: