ultra racing brace

Started by wotugonado, May 19, 2012, 17:14

wotugonado

Has any one on here, used or currently using any ultra racing braces ? I am looking for a front and rear upper strut braces preferably trd but as they seem to be rare 2nd hand or v expensive new, i found these, they look decent quality and in tests hold up better than cusco style braces (so they say), but would prefer an opinion of some one who has them or has used them.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

andydicko140

I'm currently using Ultra Racing front and rear strut braces. I must say that they're fantastic items, the rear brace looks fantastic in the engine bay (although as many will tell you, rear strut braces don't exactly DO much) and I noticed a brilliant transformation in steering feel when I added the front brace.

The car is now much more positive on turn in, with the steering feeling more accurate which really does help inspire confidence through the twisties! The only issue here is that you really need to remove the frunk plastics to get the ideal fit. But in my opinion, sacrificing them was totally worth it for the way the front end feels in the bends!

I bought my braces direct from Ultra Racing UK, whom I found to be very helpful through my order process and were more than happy to post me out a few stickers as well! Hope this helps!
[size=85]2003 8M6 Blue Roadster
Cobra Sport Quad Exhaust, Stainless Decat Manifold (Heatwrapped), Denso Iridium Plugs, Fuchs Pro S 5w40 Oil, Vent Mounted K&N 57i Induction Kit, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Upper Strut Bracing, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Lower Braces, MattPerformance TTE Brace, CHE ARB\'s, HEL Braided Lines, Tein S Tech Springs... More to come![/size]

wotugonado

Nice one, i was starting to think id dreamt them up as no one posted anything in response   s:) :) s:) , my only concern would be losing the plastic frunk, do you think that if i cut away where needed they would fit ?
what do you think to the build quality ? it looks pretty good on there website, seems more solid than the cusco/che bars ive seen.

andydicko140

I found two issues with the frunk plastics when I fitted my Ultra Racing front brace. One is that the lid covering the spare wheel won't open fully with the strut brace installed. This is an issue you get with many strut braces, which can be resolved by either removing the lid or by cutting the lid and adding another set of hinges.

The second issue is that the brace is completely flat (which Ultra Racing say gives it the best rigidity and strength), unlike others available, so you'd need to chop the areas around the strut towers and probably chop away the plastic at the top, where the brace would fit. While it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing route, I just chucked the frunk plastics in the loft! I plan to cover the spare wheel well soon just to tidy it up a bit.

No issues at all fitting the rear brace!

The build quality has been pretty much first rate, although it's wise to use some washers when fitting both so the nut's don't scratch the paint finish. I think the reason they're more solid than the CHE bars is that they're Steel, not Aluminium so have more rigidity which is maximised by the flat shapes.

I'd definitely recommend getting both braces for the added steering feel and added engine bay bling (it really does look awesome!). But you will have to either alter your frunk plastics, or store them somewhere for now!
[size=85]2003 8M6 Blue Roadster
Cobra Sport Quad Exhaust, Stainless Decat Manifold (Heatwrapped), Denso Iridium Plugs, Fuchs Pro S 5w40 Oil, Vent Mounted K&N 57i Induction Kit, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Upper Strut Bracing, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Lower Braces, MattPerformance TTE Brace, CHE ARB\'s, HEL Braided Lines, Tein S Tech Springs... More to come![/size]

Anonymous

i went with cutting the front plastics for my corky bracing, and i dont mind the look. someone on here also put a trim on around the cutout to make it look even better.

andyroo104

I have an ultra racing rear strur brace and personally think they are of superb quality and ultra light too.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

wotugonado

Cheers lads for the response    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  , think ill get a set then, an play it by ear in regards to the front plastics. At the price quoted the front an rear together are still cheaper than one trd strut bought new. so its a no brainer. Thanks again appreciate the advice.

manchestermatt1986

where are you getting them and how much?
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

wotugonado

Im gonna ring them tomorow and enquire, if your interested ill see if they will do a better price on a couple of sets. Approximately £100.00 each delivered may be a little less.

manchestermatt1986

not at the min im afraid, pennys are precious to me at the moment. but just wanted to look into them
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

wotugonado

ok bud, when i get em ill post some pics. The website is ultra racing uk or go to the malaysian site and translate it into english as it seems to have a lot more technical info on there.

wotugonado

More info is now in the general section with pics and prices

LeeUK

Quote from: "rbuckingham"i went with cutting the front plastics for my corky bracing, and i dont mind the look. someone on here also put a trim on around the cutout to make it look even better.

I did that with my old red mr2 with front Trd bars, half it'd sell the trim, you just need a hot air gun to mould.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

sh4branze

Has anyone used their 3 point fender brace?  m http://www.ebay.com/itm/320730658998?ss ... 1423.l2649 m

Anonymous

Quote from: "sh4branze"Has anyone used their 3 point fender brace?  m http://www.ebay.com/itm/320730658998?ss ... 1423.l2649 m
that basically the Simon tan brace. Not yet to see what they like but I will say that you have to weld them on. As it uses the bolt holding for the door, and the final point is in a postition it can't be bolted on hence welding.

Redfrog

Is the rear brace made from aluminum as it is very light?

dlivingstone_19

Hi,

Where can the front and rear braces be bought from?

Thanks
** Racing in the Caterham Academy for 2013 Thanks to Pistonheads, Autosport and Caterham **

Toyota MRS Spec:
Trd front splitter, Trd Side skirts, Trd Rear Spoiler, New style Rear Lights, 17inch Dezent Motion Black Alloys, Cobra Quad Exit Exhaust System, Markiii Inlet Pipe & Sony Cd Player

wotugonado

look in the general section, under same heading. the company details, pictures and discounted prices are on there.

Nath

Fitted my front brace (did the back last week) this morning, you need a good sharp stanley knife a steady hand (cut my finger and arm in the process) and lots of patience. I fitted the brace then sat frunk on top and then just marked up where I thought it was touching underneath with a black marker. Then set to it with the knife, small cuts at a time and constantly trying it for fit. The bucket lid still opens but only half way then you have to pull it forwards to remove it altogether.

I am quite happy with the end result and now the sun is out its time for the top to come down and a blast round windermere and a run over kirkstone pass to test it out.  

Happy days!!
Nath

AckersMR2

Looking on their website it looks like a straight bar that runs across in front of the fluid bottle? Where as the one you've fitted Nath looks like it has two bends in it to pass behind the bottle?
Has the design changed?
My only car is a Ducati 

Nath

I had not spotted that! I bought them directly from Ultra Racing UK so I know that they are genuine, I took the sticker's off because I intend to paint them to the same colour as the car (they come with spare stickers), I was only trial fitting them this morning but left them on so I can go out this afternoon and see if I can feel the diffrence with them fitted. Mine as you say is shaped to go around the back of the fluid bottle, and it only fits one way. Design must have changed between the pics and the current part. I liked how it sits as I could refit the frunk and still use the bucket.

wotugonado

Happy days indeed, let us know the difference, im still awaiting mine to turn up  s:( :( s:(  
Car colour is amazing by the way.

Nath

Good run out, on the A roads could'nt tell too much difference (stuck in slow moving traffic) but once I got on to the B roads and over the pass it felt much tighter and turned in flatter. Once yours arrives and you get it fitted it would be good to hear what you think.

wotugonado

emailed me today to say they re in stock, hopefully ill get them soon and they ll be fitted asap  s:D :D s:D

sh4branze

You may have to re route your washer fluid lines on the hood.When I installed mine (similar brace) it pinched the driver side line and only the passenger side squirted.

Tags: