Exhaust Buying

Started by Anonymous, May 5, 2004, 10:22

Anonymous

Looking 2 purchase a twin exit exhaust,

Ive been searching the web found prices on the magnex,

Can anyone direct me or list other sites that sell the other versions,
team moon, h+s etc. Want to get best price etc.

ta

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

Click on my sig line for all info on the H&S, although be aware that the Group buy prices for these are much cheaper, you could try phoning Ian at H&S and pleading with him to drop the price for you?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I'm seriously thinking of getting the H&S system soon, so maybe yet another group buy might be in order!
Just waiting on a bit of money to come through though, which could be a couple of days, or a couple of months (it's a share price thing   s:( :( s:(   )

Anonymous

H&S is a very good one   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Magnex is less £££S

markiii

magnex looks like a wheelbarrow.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"magnex looks like a wheelbarrow.

lol...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Depends what you're after. Me I wanted BIG ENDS!  s:D :D s:D  and the Magnex certainly delivers. I take much pride in polishing her big, shining, circular pipes...

I love cruising down my road with the roof down after a drive out, 1.5k revs in fourth and she makes a LOVELY deep burble... mmm... (Obsessed this much!?)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Go on you know you want to.... phone Dan @ DCDezign, he'll do you the best deal.

MRMike

I'd go with a H&S, and have the modification that Liz has had done If I had the choice again. Sounds great, and look exactly as you want.  If not the Postert is a much nicer shape than the TTE/Remus IMO
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"magnex looks like a wheelbarrow.

It soooo does not you horrible man.... you wait till i see you next  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Buy the magnex!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

and you coudl lose small animals in there  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

it's not the big pipes that bother me about the magnex (like I could complain about that!), it's more the fact they seem to stick out a long long way... hence wheelbarrow I guess.

Anonymous

What you think of this, paste of my email. Cost is a bit more than I wanted 2 pay.

Hi James,

Thanks for your enquiry.

we have done a couple of Roadsters recently, two of them with quad extis rto
the rear. It is an all-day fit, but they do look superb!

A custom build stainless exhaust system for your Roadster would run from the
catalytic converter to the rear of the car. The price of this system is £699
including VAT, built and fitted onto your car.

Included in the price is a pair of 3.5" or 4" rolled lip style tailpipes,
but you can choose an alternative from our range of about 45 tailpipes if
you want something a bit different.

Because all of our systems are custom built, you are able to tell us how you
would like the car to sound, anywhere from quiet to full sport. The most
popular choice is Mild Sport, which gives a slight note when you open the
accelerator, yet without being intrusive.

The system is guaranteed for as long as you own the car, and this is a fully
transferrable warranty. It's also a "No Hassle" warranty - we believe it is
the very the best warranty in the industry.

If you are interested in technical specifications, the whole system is built
in 304 grade stainless steel throughout, and assembled using high frequency
TIG welding. All of our systems are built using freeflow technology, so your
engine will breathe better than with conventional systems. We have numerous
testimonials from customers who have experienced improved engine performance
and fuel economy.

Fitting is by appointment - we usually require your vehicle for about 3.5
hours while we custom build and fit the system.

I trust that this is of interest to you. If you want to book in, or require
any further information, then please call either myself or Lisa French on
02920 473131.

Please note that WE HAVE MOVED to Ocean Way in Cardiff (Off the Magic
Roundabout) CF24 5PF

Thanks for contacting us,
Regards,

Mal Elwood.
Longlife Exhausts

GSB

In comparison to the H&S, which is again a fully handbuilt stainless system, with the option of adjusting sound and tip style, that pretty expensive...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

someone on hear has the longlife exhaust... looks like it came off a Rover 200 IMHO (no offence whoever it is that has one!). I think Peter Wright had a H&S quad tip done and that looked a little better - still not my cup of tea though.

markiii

I don't care how good it is, £699 for a backbox not made from solid platinum is talking teh piss in a big way.

scottee

I love my TTE Dual  s:) :) s:)

Peter Wright

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I think Peter Wright had a H&S quad tip done and that looked a little better - still not my cup of tea though.

Sorry not a very good picture. I went for the 2.5" tips as thought 3" quad would be OTT

Waiting for some spare time to lift the tailpipes into the bumper like Liz has had done
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

heathstimpson

I can recommend the H&S which I had fitted a couple of weeks ago  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  And they nicked my initials  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I can recommend the H&S which I had fitted a couple of weeks ago  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Even if it is a bit on the loud side hay mate?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I can recommend the H&S which I had fitted a couple of weeks ago  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Even if it is a bit on the loud side hay mate?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Should have asked for a slightly more conservative sounding version when warm for the long motorway journeys  s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

The H&S ones quieten a little after a few thousand miles.  They're still plenty raucous when you want, but not as bad as when new  s:) :) s:)

...Either that or I've been deafened a little  s:) :) s:)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "phil4"The H&S ones quieten a little after a few thousand miles.  They're still plenty raucous when you want, but not as bad as when new  s:) :) s:)

...Either that or I've been deafened a little  s:) :) s:)
Thats a relief as it can be a bit too much at full speed on the motorway with the hood down  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

How much is the h + s ?

Tags: