E-Tyres - two thumbs up

Started by Peter Laborne, May 5, 2004, 16:13

Peter Laborne

I needed two new rear tyres. Yesterday afternoon (about 4pm) I gave E-Tyres a bell.

Ordered two Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2's. As I was working this morning I asked if they could turn up after 3pm. They confirmed that 3pm would be ok.

At exactly 3pm (on the dot) he rang the doorbell   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Everything done by 3:45pm.....even though it was pouring it down with added hail!!!!!

Cannot fault them one bit.

Anonymous

damn expensive though! 2 rear tyres from them costs more than a full set from mytyres   s:? :? s:?  and you have to pay extra to have them balanced.... so they will fit a tyre and not balance it?   s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"damn expensive though!

True, however I weighed up more than just cost

Mytyres = £71.20 (for 1x205/50 R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2)
ETyres = £76.62 (for 1x205/50 R15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD2)

Mytyres = Delivery only (fitting by 3rd party)
ETyres = Delivery and fitting

Mytyres = closest fitting - 15 miles away
ETyres = closest fitting - on your doorstep, or at your workplace, or at a mates house!!!!

Mytyres = extra costs away from tyres - this is fitting at a third party (for me it would be removing and fitting new tyre (plus new valve, balancing etc) = £8.50per tyre; disposal of old tyre = £1per tyre; alloy wheel = £1 per tyre
Etyres = extra costs away from tyres - £5per tyre for balancing

Mytyres = Order before midday and get next day delivery. After midday and you wait two days
ETyres = Phone them and get same day delivery or time and date of your choice

Mytyres = If paying by cheque then you must send them payment in advance
Etyres = If paying by cheque you can pay once they have been fitted

Mytyres = FINAL COSTS = £81.70per tyre (plus fuel to get to fitting station)
Etyres = FINAL COSTS = £81.62per tyre

Overall Etyres was not only cheeper, but far better all in   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

for a full set of toyos, mytyres charges £140 for my car (damn, they are cheap today!). the same set at that etyres place is £280ish. even with fitting its still £100 over priced.

guess it depends on what tyres you want to fit   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

zud

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"guess it depends on what tyres you want to fit   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I guess it's tricky if only 2 need replacing.  Do you buy 2 of the same make, or replace all 4 with Toyos?  There's a lot of warnings on here about not mixing front and back, so my next set will probably be chosen the same way... if all 4 need doing (or getting close) then Toyos, otherwise stick with the F1s.  

Not a bad price for the F1s tho'... I was plesed with £297 for all four, and the rears were more than the fronts, so probably £80-ish for the rears.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

markiii

perfromance seems about teh same proxies to F1's

F1 has slightly stiffer sidewall though and is quieter.

You can't beat teh prxies for teh price but if I could get F1 GSD3 in teh sizes I want I'd buy them.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: