Another rattle fixed (hopefully)...

Started by Anonymous, July 9, 2003, 19:13

Anonymous

Well remember the "rattle by the right ear"?  Well after I did Buster's fix on the trim near the seat belt it was still rattling.  I took Paul's (I think it was Paul) advice and whipped the door panel off to take a look.

(BTW it's really quick and easy to get the door panel off and back on again)

Inside the door structure I found what can only be described as a very rattly but completely useless piece of plactic attached to the metal door skin.  I double checked that it wasn't doing anything at all, which it wasn't, and whipped it out.  Whilst I was in there I taped up a couple of loose wires too.

I only really noticed this rattle when the windows were down and at a certain speed so only time will tell if it's gone.

I really hope it is because I don't know what else it could be!

Only the rattly storage bin doors to fix now, and that's an easy job when I can find time...

--H--

Anonymous

QuoteWell after I did Buster's fix on the trim near the seat belt it was still rattling.

Different rattles for different cars   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Oh and my door dosent rattle becasue of Dnyomat, If you still have this rattle HC try lining you door with Dynomat Helps a lot with cutting out road noise and unwanted vibration   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"Different rattles for different cars   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Thanks for the pointer anyway, was worth a try!

Quote from: "Buster"Oh and my door dosent rattle becasue of Dnyomat, If you still have this rattle HC try lining you door with Dynomat Helps a lot with cutting out road noise and unwanted vibration   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Thanks.  It wasn't one of those noise vibrations, like you get when the stereo's up too load, but rather a rattle that sounded like a loose part rattling against metal.

We'll see...

--H--

Anonymous

Quotebut rather a rattle that sounded like a loose part rattling against metal.

If you cover the door skin with dynomat (which is like a sticky thick plastic) it will stop things makeing the tinny sound and therefore you wont be able to hear it, Just an idea tho   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Where about in the door do you apply Dynomat?

--H--

Anonymous

Depnds on the effect you want to acheieve if you want to stop road noise stick it to the outside Skinn of the door, but if you want to stop rattles stick it to the inside of the 2nd door skin, where the speaker is mounted.

I have done both and road noise is dramaticly reduced, you can tap my doors and find out at JAE   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Buster

Thanks for that info. I believe I get the exact same rattle - window down, certain speeds etc.

Let us know if it stays fixed.

Tags: