Yet more wheel/tyre advice!

Started by dansage, June 6, 2012, 06:14

dansage

Morning all,

Well ive searched and searched and cant get any real answers to my question!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Currently running stockies on a 2000 MR2, with stock springs, and want to upgrade to 17"s

A local dealer is trying to tell me that 205's all round are fine, but im dissagreeing due to stagger etc.

Is the following combination ok with a stock setup (springs etc):- If not, what is a decent combination?

205/40/17 - front

225/35/17 - back

all with 38mm offset

Thanks in advance guys.
Black 2000 Mr2. 17 inch alloys, 35mm lowering kit, Full stainless proflow double twin exhaust, K&N cool air induction kit, led light upgrades, blue plasma glow white dial dash, short shift kit, push button start, hard top.

Wabbitkilla

Local dealer?

If it's a wheel dealer then they're just trying to fob you off so they can sell a standard pack. Wheel dealers are typically unable to cope with staggered sizes.

If it's Toyota then they're being idiots.

Either way their advice is just wrong.

Theoretically those are good tyre sizes you have listed. However I think you will find it nigh on impossible to get that rear size in any decent tyres.

Sent from a planet somewhere nearby
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

You will find it hard to find tyres keeping the stagger and rolling radius the same on 17's. I'm looking at trying out the hancook v12 next.

dansage

sorry yea meant a local wheel dealer.

i expect to change the rolling radius slightly as tyres are a pig to find!

With the above sizes, would the offset still be 38mm front and rear?

thanks for your replies
Black 2000 Mr2. 17 inch alloys, 35mm lowering kit, Full stainless proflow double twin exhaust, K&N cool air induction kit, led light upgrades, blue plasma glow white dial dash, short shift kit, push button start, hard top.

Wabbitkilla

Wheel dealer is lying to make a sale.

I have 38 offset with 7" rims on mine, no problem, however my front wheels are 16" and I have 195/40/16 front and 215/40/17 rear

Sent from a planet somewhere nearby
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dansage

what made you choose 16" fronts? i was looking at your exact same combo.

would this suit stock handling setup?

Cheers

Tags: