HELP water coming in :(

Started by Zoe, June 6, 2012, 13:55

Zoe

With the good weather we had i decided to store my hardtop in our pool house

Driving to work this morning i could hear a sloshing noise. I came home this afternoon and could still hear it. So i felt round the back and it was all dry, pulled my seat forward and opened my rear storage bins and there was about a pint of water in there  s:( :( s:(

I felt the carpet and thats all dry so cant see where its coming in from (i guess its from last nights downpour)

Has anyone else had this, its just ive audio im going to be fitting soon and i cant fit that untill ive solved this problem

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp..!!

Zoe x
Toot Toot, Beep Beep, new MR2 owner coming through  s]

Anonymous

A common problem i believe, will try find the linky...

Here you go..
 l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12582 l

nathanMR2

Your side vent drains are probably full of rubbish.

You need to pop the side vent off, lift up the flap and clean out both your holes. I found a cotton bud works well.

The plastic section which has the flap connected to it does pull/pop off for cleaning if needed
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

onion86

Here you go Zoe, take your pick quite a lot of posts on it  s:) :) s:)

l viewtopic.php?p=269021 l
 l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12582 l
 l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17630 l

I did also have a little water sat under the storage bins when it went into mine, not a lot but worth getting the bins out and checking underneath them too just in case.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Steve Green

Common problem, plenty of help on this forum, just reach down and clean the drains out by hand. Sorted.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

AckersMR2

Check the top of the drains (down the sides behind where the seatbelts come out.
You'll probably have a load of silt and crap their too including the odd leaf. Then rinse through with warm water, you will see it running out infront of the rear wheel when all is clear  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

Zoe

Blimey that was a quick reply, thanks all.

Il have a read through the links and send the fella out as knowing me il just break something lol

Big thank you x

Gif

I'm OCD about stopping crud getting down my drains.  Guess what, I wash the car yesterday, driving around and I get the dreaded sloshing sound too   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Sure enough the drain cap on the one side had welded itself completed shut, no blockages or anything, just sealed itself completely like a watertight door in a submarine   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Luckily   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  my club fleece absorbed most of the water in the bin!

I know it's not official advice but I just pulled the bl00dy flaps off and threw them as far as I could  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
Audi TT 200 Tfsi Roadster, Ibis White, Steptronic, Bose, Nav, Climate, Telcon, Nappa Leather
Ex BMW Z4 sDrive30i Auto, Titan Silver
Ex MR2 Roadster, Sahara Sun, Black Leather, Air Con, TTE exhaust

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   That will probably become one of the most effective pieces of car maintenance on the forum!
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Chris H

Quote from: "nathanMR2"Your side vent drains are probably full of rubbish.

You need to pop the side vent off, lift up the flap and clean out both your holes. I found a cotton bud works well.

Nathan,you are awful.....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  .........and so gentle,cotton buds...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Stephster

Quote from: "Chris H"
Quote from: "nathanMR2"Your side vent drains are probably full of rubbish.

Nathan,you are awful.....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  .........and so gentle,cotton buds...  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

We could always send NormanH round with his special tool !
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

Zoe

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone for the help

Indeed they were blocked and full of total C**P....don't knock the cotton buds they worked a treat. Think we must have drained a few pints of rain from the back of the car

So once again a massive thanks, you saved my blood pressure  s:D :D s:D

onion86

Glad you got it sorted, give it a quick once over every 6 months / year depending on how often you park near trees (lots of leaves and stuff get in there) just to stop it from happening again.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Steve Green

Easy to check each time you wash the car. Pour some water down there and check it comes out under the side vents.
2003 Facelift SMT

Did my old avatar offend you?

Tags: