Beginning of the End already?

Started by shanej2k8, June 9, 2012, 23:42

mrzwei

Quote from: "shanej2k8"Ye got a receipt saying date time sold as seen and signed by both of us...

In a private sale, you're right, forget it.

'Sold as seen' has no real legal significance if bought from a dealer, the consumer protection legislation will still apply.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

mrzwei

Quote from: "shanej2k8"Does the VVTI use HT IGNITION LEADS to connect the plugs with dizzy? Or does this engine use some other sort of fuel igniting process/parts? Just wondering as I wouldnt mind changing the leads too if thats whats on this model...

No distributor or leads, the ignition coils sit directly on top of the spark plugs and basically the sparking and fuelling is controlled via sensors sending info to the ECU which then sends info to the actuators for the spark to the plugs and to the fuel injectors.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.

smarty72

Your only come back is if it was a dealer purporting to be a private seller in order to get shot of a dodgy motor.  I get the feeling that they must have known about the faults and therefore were anything but truthful!
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

shanej2k8

Yea Ive done a fair bit of battling for this type of thing in the recent past (long story........) So basically know im biting the bullet here and have priced it all up...

I just really cant wait to have it bk! Like Pavett said over phone to me other day, it hasnt been given a fair chance yet to show me what its all about... And I do actually love the car tbh... So ill be ordering engine by end of week and it will be in for fitting next week when its delivered...

Does anyone know if this engine will fit straight in or has it changed too much from the 1zz?    "1.8 VVTLI 2ZZ-GE" its the 190bhp edition

mrzwei

I think the 2ZZ is a conversion and not a straight swop. Others have done it and will be along.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

Anonymous

if your looking at 2zz give steve-m-UK a pm as he is very clued up on the fit of this

shanej2k8

I thought that might be the case. I dont wanna go modding bits just rather drop and go  s:) :) s:) ... And possibly me with an extra 50bhp on the wheels behind me? Could even work out fatal...

Anonymous

Look at monkey wrench racings 2zz swap kit, it will give you an idea of cost and what is required

shanej2k8

YE JUST SEEN IT....  s:| :| s:| ...

Ill just put a normal on back in lol

shanej2k8

Engine and manifold order and should be Delivered tomorrow!!!! Is there a glympse of HOPE that it will be back and running Mid next week?  I think there is!!!!

puma2

good luck and i hope it works our for you.
aim having my engine rebuild soon so understand your confusion and frustration   s:x :x s:x  
hope you get your pencil ready for my big drawing  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Pavett1990

make that 2 drawings pal  s:D :D s:D  
im glad to hear everythings coming together
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

dansage

yea good luck bud - keep us posted!
Black 2000 Mr2. 17 inch alloys, 35mm lowering kit, Full stainless proflow double twin exhaust, K&N cool air induction kit, led light upgrades, blue plasma glow white dial dash, short shift kit, push button start, hard top.

shanej2k8

engine in, running nice SO FAR slight oil leak from pulley seal so gotta get a new one for that as the company didnt put one in and they had to reuse old on, but seems fine apart from that... fired up first time sounds nice, drives nice, feels alot more responsive... its early days yet tho i guess... garage are having it bk in sometime in week to have the seal fitted and give it a check over for anything... and give it another code read etc to make sure its all running fine according to the ecu and sensors...

Anonymous

Maybe you can change the title to End of the Beginning?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

shanej2k8

im not counting chickens yet mate lol...

Pavett1990

Glad to hear its back mate  s:D :D s:D
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

puma2

s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  back on the road again  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   the big bad job done now  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  gets better from here  s:D :D s:D  
hope to meet up soon  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Tags: