So 100k miles and i thought...

Started by Wabbitkilla, June 10, 2012, 22:15

Wabbitkilla

I'd replace the MAF (still on the original) and slot in a new air filter.
Tick-over has been a tad unstable on run down recently so i thought it might be a good time to replace the MAF.
I also thought it would be a good time to drop in the Apexi spare filter i've had for a while.

err, the old filter was a bir mucky!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

chris3boro

Results? I imagine it sounds good when booting it if nothing else

Wabbitkilla

Butt dyno says things have improved   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
PFC shows flow is the same as before though, intake temperature has reduced slightly though.

This filter has lasted approx one and a half years which is approx 20,000 miles.
I think our exploits on the Italian white roads didn't do it any good really ... but that's what it's there for eh?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

steve-m-uk

The fact that the old filter was clogged means it was doing it's job, 20k is a good life for a filter   s:) :) s:)
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Anonymous

Ive seen suggestions lately that the MAF should be replaced with new every 50k.

FGrob

Quote from: "dick2ski"Ive seen suggestions lately that the MAF should be replaced with new every 50k.
That's another 7 years for me  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "dick2ski"Ive seen suggestions lately that the MAF should be replaced with new every 50k.

Really?
I've never had problems with mine and it's only been cleaned half a dozen times in its life.
I'm doubtful even now that there's anything wrong with it ... but thought it sensible to replace.
Looks like I need to replace the o-ring on the chain tensioner again though   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Tags: