rasping noise

Started by wotugonado, June 12, 2012, 21:35

wotugonado

Well im having a bit of a mare with this car since i bought it, new problem   s:( :( s:(   i have recently replaced the manifold to get rid of the pre cats and have noticed since, a metallic rasping noise around 2500 revs. I have searched the forum and have found an identical post in regards to my problem a faulty heatshield, so it looks like it got damaged while swapping manifolds.
So course of action is find out which one and remove, my question is will removing heatshield from manifold(left off after swap) and removal of another be detrimental to the engine bay /exhaust ? especially around the cat ?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Wabbitkilla

Plenty of people have done this without problem
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

AckersMR2

No heat shields around my manifold, no issues here  s:) :) s:)
Still have the shields around the exhaust.
My only car is a Ducati 

wotugonado

Im mainly concerned about having a couple missing at the same time, cuz they're there for some reason  s:? :? s:?  Also is the heatshield on the cat, there to keep the cat warm or the engine bay cold or both. It just seems that everything i do with the best intentions leads to another problem  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  so before i go pulling shields off the car i just thought id ask.

Wabbitkilla

The precat heatshield are there to keep the precats warm, if you haven't got them there's mo need for the shields.

Same for the main cat but people run without shield no problem. I guess as they keep heat in, then they also cut down heat radiating into the engine bay.

Sent from a planet somewhere nearby
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Ive had some success with jubilee clips. Just leave the heatshields on the cat pipe, wrap the clip around and clamp up. Pound shop specials are as good as any.

wotugonado

good call d!ck, i think ill try that, cuz the way its going if i have to take them off, the cat will probably come with it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: