oil change

Started by adscan, June 22, 2012, 22:48

adscan

i was searching the forum for a "how to" on oil and filter change. could not find anything.

any threads on this?

onion86

Just the same as most other cars really, just take the plastic nappy off and follow this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Oil-in-Your-Car
That's even the right oil filter 90915-YZZF1  s;) ;) s;)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

adscan

Was looking for info on drain plug and where the filter is on the block.
Cheers

Anonymous

onion86

Well quoting the link I gave you "Locate the drain plug on the bottom of the oil pan. It is normally towards the back of the engine."

The oil filter is the opposite side of the sump to the plug and there's also a couple of pics of where it is in the link.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

smarty72

Quote from: "adscan"Was looking for info on drain plug and where the filter is on the block.
Cheers

I'm not trying to cause any offence or be inflammatory, but have you done this sort of thing before? Are you sure you are happy to tackle the job as the drain plug and filter are pretty basic/easy things to locate.  If something goes wrong you might end up wishing you hadn't attempted it.

You'll probably find the hardest part will be to remove the nappy without breaking any of the fixings.

Good luck anyway.
current: Astral Black FL

Ex: Forest Green 2003.

adscan

Thanks for the replies.
I have done oil and filter changes before. I am new to MR2  ownership so just checking that it is all standard stuff.

Tags: