Where should this wire go?

Started by adscan, June 29, 2012, 13:25

adscan

When changing the spark plugs I noticed this wire was loose. It looks like it should be bolted down somewhere. The is a plug at the other end. It is in the centre of the pic.

Anyone have any idea?

onion86

Not sure which one I'm meant to be looking at, the one going down from the right of the loom past the O2 sensor plug?

It's not the MAF wire is it?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Do you have a pic of the other end?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

adscan

This is the one I am holding. It has a flat metal plate.

It looks like it should be earthed on the block somewhere.

AmeR

It's not an earth but if you pop your plastic cover off and undo the bolts holding the coil pack wiring down, it attaches under the bolt on the side nearest to where it is now.

adscan

Quote from: "AmeR"It's not an earth but if you pop your plastic cover off and undo the bolts holding the coil pack wiring down, it attaches under the bolt on the side nearest to where it is now.
Do you know what it is for?

SteveJ

Quote from: "adscan"
Quote from: "AmeR"It's not an earth but if you pop your plastic cover off and undo the bolts holding the coil pack wiring down, it attaches under the bolt on the side nearest to where it is now.
Do you know what it is for?

It's an RF noise suppressor

adscan

Will bolt it back on. Many thanks.

AmeR

Just for more info:

adscan

Quote from: "AmeR"Just for more info:

yup..all bolted back on..
thanks for advice.

Tags: