What work is completed for 80k service?

Started by adscan, July 1, 2012, 13:34

adscan

Anyone able to tell me what jobs are required for the 80k service?
many thanks

bigwillcv36

Quote from: "adscan"Anyone able to tell me what jobs are required for the 80k service?
many thanks
I'm sure Toyota could. They have been very helpful when I've asked questions. Try your local dealer?
Sorry I can't be more helpful, but that will get you the answer  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Will
04 Sable RED Ltd Ed, RED leather seats steering wheel and panels, RED soft top, RED brake calipers, after Market panel filter, gutted pre cats, FK Automotive lowering springs, custom sable j-spec nose badge, partially de-badged rear, sable indies, front strut brace, cobra sport quad exhaust, TRD Short Shifter, Bonnet/Engine cover Gas Struts

onion86

It says in section 8 of your 'Service & warranty' book (p20-22).
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

adscan

Quote from: "onion86"It says in section 8 of your 'Service & warranty' book (p20-22).
Hmm..don't have one. Any chance you could list what is done for this service?

K T M Rider

Quote from: "adscan"Anyone able to tell me what jobs are required for the 80k service?
many thanks

the only thing definitely required is an engine oil and filter change, which is easy to do at home. Whether anything else is required depends on:

a) the age of your vehicle - because according to Toyota some items are time OR mileage based (e.g. the air filter is every 4 years OR 30,000 miles)

and

b) how well serviced it has been in the past

time based intervals often seem to get ignored, so you are probably due spark plugs also (every 4 years Or 40,000 miles) and I think a gearbox oil change. A brake fluid change is a good idea too (every 2 years) if you have no evidence of the last one, air filter is cheap and easy to do yourself.
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

Anonymous

Here you go........

adscan

Many thanks. I replaced oil and filter...spark plugs and air filter. Seems about right going from the above post.

mrzwei

Possibly need to think about the brake fluid and coolant and possibly gearbox oil if you are going to keep the car.
Check the brake pads and disks.
Lubricate all locks and hinges and the universal joint on the steering column.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Tags: