Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2004, 21:34

Anonymous

time for me to add something after the last 5 weeks i have just had.
i think you are all aware of my problems with my car and missing my 30.000 service so i am not gonna go over it but i will say GUT YOUR PRE-CATS!!! unless you want to spend £2500 on a new engine,that includes fitting, a new main cat and the actual mechanics recommending that the pre cats be removed because of the damage caused. mine totally knackered in 4000 miles and there was nothing left in the left hand side of the manifold (which was discovered by stevej but the dealer said nothing was wrong) anyway my car is all better with a brand new engine and no pre cats to worry about so if it is out of warranty then do it and if it is inside warranty then the choice is yours.

markiii

so wjhat have you done with the old engine JOn?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

i keep meaning to get mine sorted as its now out of warranty. do you think quick fit or somewhere will gut my cats? i can imagine their faces now...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

the garage that fitted it has kept it and he is gonna look more into the whole engine failure thing.
he could not understand why a car of 2 years and 40.000 needs a new engine and why the pre-cats has basically destroyed it.he has kindly took every concievable picture of the cats and he is gonna speak to toyota on my behalf as he said there is no way me missing my 30.000 service has caused this much damage.he has requested all the warranty and service work i have had done on the car since i have had it cause he thinks i have got a very strong case but we shall see. im just happy my car is fixed and up and running for the summer. everything else is a bonus(just using the train to work every day for the next 6 months is crap)

Tem

Quote from: "jonboy"unless you want to spend £2500 on a new engine,that includes fitting, a new main cat

Just a quick note, but it wouldn't be worth it to get a new engine, if the old blows. You can get 25 used engines for that kinda money  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  And a cheaper non-toyota garage really shouldn't charge too much for replacing the engine with similar one. Having a cheap and common engine is a good thing, if you ever need a new one...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

so i thought but the state of the used engine that turned up was worse than the one i had taken out and also i got conned by the dealer as he supplied me a totally different engine to what i wanted (out of a different car and one older than mine) so i opted for a complete new unit with 1 years warranty on it. many people i have spoken to feel i have got a really good deal considering toyota wanted over £6000 to supply and fit a new engine and thats without the main cat.

Tem

Huh...did you pay for it yourself??  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Sucks that they tried to get you an old sucky engine, but all aren't like that  s;) ;) s;)

And of course another choice is to shop around  w www.monkeywrenchracing.com w  a bit. If you spend that £2500 to their parts, you will get an engine that's better than new  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

famous old credit card paid for it. gonna try and get the labour back from toyota via the company who fitted it but im not holding any hopes.
they say you get what you pay for and this chap has done a fantastic job. i didnt want to go for the cheaper options that were out there which ranged from £250 to £1000 just to fit the engine.
the dreaded vat has knocked the price up but i am more than happy with the worked carried out.

Tags: