Serviceing ...

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2004, 12:00

Anonymous

Hi guys, its getting close to that time of year when i need to get my 2 serviced, two questions here really, first how much normally will a 20k service set me back? and secondly if i get my service done at an independant will it affect my warrenty (the car is 2 years old in september)

Anonymous

a for "service AND cost AND 20k" should give you some idea. As for the warranty, i would personally get it done my Mr T but as long as it has been services i believe it should be ok... just go to Mr T to be safe.

Anonymous

cheers .... thats helped ..

Anonymous

Quote from: "theWizard"... if i get my service done at an independant will it affect my warrenty (the car is 2 years old in september)

No EU law prevents that  s:) :) s:)  you can take it where you want. Provided the service has been done, they cant use that as a back out.

juansolo

But for the warranty to be honoured they must use genuine Toyota parts.  My 20,000 was £170
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Victor"No EU law prevents that  s:) :) s:)  

Finally something usefull to come out of europe !

Darth Paul

Quote from: "juansolo"But for the warranty to be honoured they must use genuine Toyota parts.  My 20,000 was £170

IIRC my 20K service on the old car was about £100.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

DP

juansolo

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   *sulks*    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Slacey

My 20k was £170 too, and Shropshire seems to be one of the cheapest areas for labour rates... I think DP may have got his services mixed up, as £100 sounds more like an intermediate?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

My 20k service was about £170 as well.

I dread to think how much the 60k will be   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

dave

Darth Paul

Just looked through the service records/receipts from the old car. Yes I was wrong. The recorded mileage was 20664 and I supplied my own Mobil 1. The cost inc vat was £84.99!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Read it and weep guys!

DP

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Just looked through the service records/receipts from the old car. Yes I was wrong. The recorded mileage was 20664 and I supplied my own Mobil 1. The cost inc vat was £84.99!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Read it and weep guys!

DP

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Just looked through the service records/receipts from the old car. Yes I was wrong. The recorded mileage was 20664 and I supplied my own Mobil 1. The cost inc vat was £84.99!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Read it and weep guys!

DP
I paid more for a 10K service  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

when i had mine done it was about £170. You don't have to have the brake fluid changed but i did as i had done 20,000 miles. you don't have to have it done till its 2 years old.

They did really good job and added engine flush to petrol to get ride of all the carbon deposits.

Tags: