Quick Question! What size is our headlamp bulb?

Started by Anonymous, May 14, 2004, 20:27

Anonymous

I am going to purchase some flash bulbs from Deamon Tweaks buyt dont know my bulb sizes for sure (my manual is in Japanise  s:( :( s:(  )

I need the size for the headlamps...

Thanks!

Tem

Quote from: "vibratingsky"I am going to purchase some flash bulbs from Deamon Tweaks buyt dont know my bulb sizes for sure (my manual is in Japanise  s:( :( s:(  )

I need the size for the headlamps...

Thanks!

2000-2002 are normal 55/60W H4...2003+ are something else, don't know about them.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks alot, i think i will try out those OSRAM 50% brighter bulbs, but dont want to get anything that dazzles other drivers or ricey blue neon bulbs  s:P :P s:P  

s:D :D s:D

SteveJ

Careful fitting higher rated bulbs than standard - Martin (mph) melted the outer cover of his headlight when he used beam deflectors for driving in Europe (Magny-Cours/Dijon track days). I suspect anything that absorbs part of the light being emitted is likely to get pretty warm and cause damage to the plastic outer cover.

Tem

Quote from: "vibratingsky"i think i will try out those OSRAM 50% brighter bulbs

I think I have just those...Osram Bilux +50%..? I've been happy with them, except their lifetime, they really don't last that long  s:? :? s:?

Btw, the stock bulbs are the standard Osram Bilux  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "vibratingsky"Thanks alot, i think i will try out those OSRAM 50% brighter bulbs, but dont want to get anything that dazzles other drivers or ricey blue neon bulbs  s:P :P s:P  

I have fitted the Ring Ultra Xenon (£18.99 for two). After a couple of months of driving with them I am shocked that they were not fitted as standard.

It is a nice white light with dipped brightness somewhere between the standard dipped and full beam.

One thing to remember is that our headlights are plastic. Remember this when you buy your new lights as they could give off too much heat.

Also check out this thread:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3010 m

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "vibratingsky"Thanks alot, i think i will try out those OSRAM 50% brighter bulbs, but dont want to get anything that dazzles other drivers or ricey blue neon bulbs  s:P :P s:P  

I have fitted the Ring Ultra Xenon (£18.99 for two). After a couple of months of driving with them I am shocked that they were not fitted as standard.

It is a nice white light with dipped brightness somewhere between the standard dipped and full beam.

One thing to remember is that our headlights are plastic. Remember this when you buy your new lights as they could give off too much heat.

Also check out this thread:
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3010 m
Peter what made you choose this particular lamp  s:?: :?: s:?:  Have you looked up reviews etc or just tried it  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Peter Laborne"I have fitted the Ring Ultra Xenon (£18.99 for two).
Peter what made you choose this particular lamp  s:?: :?: s:?:  Have you looked up reviews etc or just tried it  s:?: :?: s:?:

As strange as it sounds, my garden if full of Ring lighting (over 200 individual bulbs   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) and they have been very reliable - not one has failed.

So when I saw the bulb was available for the 2, I knew it would be a reliable brand. Added to that it has the European certification etc, is legal, is not too bright that it would dazzle other drivers, it gives out a white light instead of a yellow glow, it is safe to use in plastic headlight surrounds (remember if the light can be focussed and amplified, then so can the heat) and they were also affordable.

Am I happy? I wish I had done it sooner. Driving in the sticks at night is far clearer now.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"

As strange as it sounds, my garden if full of Ring lighting (over 200 individual bulbs   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ) and they have been very reliable - not one has failed.

So when I saw the bulb was available for the 2, I knew it would be a reliable brand. Added to that it has the European certification etc, is legal, is not too bright that it would dazzle other drivers, it gives out a white light instead of a yellow glow, it is safe to use in plastic headlight surrounds (remember if the light can be focussed and amplified, then so can the heat) and they were also affordable.

Am I happy? I wish I had done it sooner. Driving in the sticks at night is far clearer now.
I assume they are generally available in Halfords etc  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I had a set of these;  m http://www.powerbulbs.com/products/prod ... ss&type=H4 m  in my Roadster, and they were superb. Much brigher than the OEM bulbs.

Peter Laborne

I assume they are generally available in Halfords etc  s:?: :?: s:?:

I suppose. I got mine from a place called Motor World, but I suppose any good motor shop and some not so good ones.

Or:  m http://www.carstylingdirect.com/acatalog/Bulbs.html m

Tags: