wing mirror mount.

Started by Mr_Dav, July 29, 2012, 11:28

Mr_Dav

Morning all.

I woke up yesterday morning to find that my passenger side mirror has disappeared. The side mirror unit is fine and what is left is the hard white plastic mount with small amounts of sticky glue/resin on it where the mirror was. Its either just fallen off or pulled off on purpose.

I notice that my other wing mirror has a black rubber trim around it and tbh, I''m not sure what else is in between to keep it attached ( without trying to take it off, which presumably you shouldn't.
There are plenty of online shops that can simply sell a replacement mirror for the MK3 (£5), but the question is, is there another mount/plastic moulding that goes on the hard white plastic mount, or can I literally just buy one of these replacement mirrors and stick them on. Looked everywhere on the internet but cant find this point.

Any suggestions/advice gratefully received.

Anonymous

Hard to understand without pics, but its an easy swap if you get a replacement mirror off, say an auction site. Two 10mm nuts and one plug, 15 mins max.

If youre talking about the glass only, Ill pop one in the post FOC. Pop a pic up of whats there now.

Mr_Dav

Here is whats left!

Anonymous

Looks like some kind person has lifted your mirror glass. PM me your address and Ill pop one in the post FOC. Make a small contribution to club funds if you feel inclined.

Anonymous

Posted.

onion86

Same thing happened on my civic a few years ago, someone nicked both of them, £60 from Honda to get them replaced, wasn't happy! Easy to do as they just clip on.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Mr_Dav

Big thanks to D!ck.

There is always the possibility it just fell off the night before while driving? seems doubtful though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr_Dav"Big thanks to D!ck.

There is always the possibility it just fell off the night before while driving? seems doubtful though.

Its pretty well designed. When you get the glass, on the back are two lugs. They locate into the top two square(ish) holes. Now pivot the lower edge down and press the two spring tangs into the lower two holes, and press. Job done.

Now get your fingers under the bottom edge and pull. Not easy for it to just pop out on its own.

Mr_Dav

ok,

Maybe its my 86 yr old neighbour. She always looks at me with suspicion when I do certain things such as:-
1) leave the house
2) return to the house
3)Get in my car
4) open my bonnet,
5) take bags out of my car,
6) jog
7) breathe
 s8) 8) s8)  live.

2 of the left

86 year old?!! I doubt it -Arthritic fingers plus early nights for that age group - Most likely an alcohol/drug induced "funtime" by some low life!!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Mr_Dav

Wing mirror arrived!

Many thanks D!ck.

Anonymous

Got a boxfull if anyone wants one.

Tags: