BC Coilovers

Started by carlclarke, August 1, 2012, 18:04

steve b

Maybe of interest, BC's offer a bit of a weight saving as well.

BC front 5.2 kg x 2 = 10.4kg

BC rear 5.3kg x 2 = 10.6kg

BC Total 21kg

Standard front 5.8kg x 2 = 11.6kg

Standard rear 6.6kg x 2 = 13.2kg

Total standard = 24.8kg

Saving 3.8kg
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

carlclarke

Quote from: "steve b"Just ordered BC BR type RH coilovers with 4kg/mm and 6kg/mm springs  Any suggestions as the a good starting point clicks wise and optimal ride height?  Isn't there a difference in pre face lift and facelift standard heights?  Pre facelift being lower?  I may start with pre facelift ride height as sure I read post facelift was only to aid pedestrian safety tests?  Any idea what that is?

Lots of questions  :-) :-) :-)

There is a topic elsewhere - 'Ride Height' http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?&p=474410

I have BCs and mine is set to 33cm apex of wheel arch to wheel centre, that seems to clear most speed bumps unless you driver over them too quickly. Out of the box they were about 2cm lower and it grounded easily.

Ride wise they are quite hard and I set them one or two clicks above softest (you are supposed to start at hard and click down rather than soft and click up) for my everyday road use. I didn't really enjoy the hard ride at first but now it just makes the car feel planted, I had a Matt Performance under-body brace fitted after fitting the BCs and that made a big difference.

Anonymous

I'm in the market for BCs, sorry for reviving the thread.

I'm a bit confused on all the model numbers.

As far as I understand there are three types,

1) basic, has camber adjusters on rear, but not on front
2) mid, as above but with camber adjusters on front
3) best, as above but also inverted shocks

All with a choice of spring rates, I understand the lighter springs are preferred?

Is that correct, if so what's the name convention all about?

What is recommendation, basic ones good enough for the mr2?

Tags: