High fuel consumption

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2004, 13:13

Darth Paul

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"Redex or Wynns stuff should be fine. however if you really want to save petrol, dont go over 60mph and dont go over 3k rpm   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Yeah and sell the '2 and buy a Matiz.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

DP

Bongo

Bit of an update

Run some through now and I've got 150 miles from half a tank, so seems to be a result  s:) :) s:)

Found some of the Fuel Tank Decontaminator and running that through now and will follow it up with another Injector cleansing (figure after 3 years and 20k miles they might be dirty).

Then i'll clean the 02s (just about to buy a socket), the MAF and reset the ECU.

I'll post how it goes so others can have a good idea of the effects  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

150 from half a tank is normal... its once its below half a tank that the needle starts to drop quickly. Also depends on what you call a tank of petrol... i fill up at about 1/4 of a tank left (maybe a little less) and that is between 200-250miles out of it.

I aint used any injector cleaners or anything since my 10k service (now on 17k) but use optimax all the time.

Bongo

Normally when the warning light comes on as it seems to drop from 1/4 straight to that    s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

put some injector cleaning stuff in mine a couple of weeks ago and havn't noticed any difference in fuel consumption, but then again i didnt reset the ECU??  s:? :? s:?  

and im still having rough idling.

will be ordering an o2 socket at the weekend to give the old o2's a good clean

Bongo

Quote from: "Tomr2"will be ordering an o2 socket at the weekend to give the old o2's a good clean

I need to do both of those, where's a good place to buy?

Fancy having a mini 02 sensor cleaning meet, 2 (or more) brains are always going to be better than one if any problems happen?

Anonymous

there was a post not so long ago about a site that was selling them for under £9 delivered. do a quick search for 'o2' and im pretty certain you'll find it.

oh and im up for mini o2 meet anytime...

Bongo

Found it earlier but the site was dead for me   s:( :( s:(  

Will try later but wondered if there were any alternatives as that offer was only valid til 30/04...

Tem

Quote from: "Bongo"Will try later but wondered if there were any alternatives as that offer was only valid til 30/04...

...nevermind, I see you already got it  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: