SMT Flappy Paddle upgrade

Started by woolleydick, August 9, 2012, 05:00

woolleydick

Folks - have recently been in touch with a company called ProShift in the UK.
They make race products (which look very good quality) for sequential transmissions.
They say they can work with the MR2 Spyder SMT box
Expensive but have a lot of adjustments available.
It was not what I was looking for (too expensive for me).

May be of interest to the racing fraternity.

m http://www.proshift.com/ m
Common sense is merely what is obvious to you, and that you assume should be obvious to everyone else...

aaronjb

Interesting - I've looked into their systems and as far as I was aware they only work with sequential gearboxes, not standard H gate gearboxes (which the SMT is, despite it's name).. e.g. gearboxes like the Quaife 89G or 32G.. and those are £10,000 gearboxes before you even get to the Pro-Shift electronic trickery!

When you spoke to them did they ask if the gearbox was an H-gate (so has two actuators - forward & backward, left & right) or sequential (one actuator for up & down the gears)?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

woolleydick

No, I asked them if their systems would work with the Toyota MR-2 SMT box that was all.
I was not aware the SMT was not a true Sequential, so did not make the distinction.
They came back to me with broad prices and said they could certainly do it - that does not mean they are correct of course.
Common sense is merely what is obvious to you, and that you assume should be obvious to everyone else...

Tags: