T400X Track Car Project underway...

Started by MattPerformance, August 15, 2012, 20:48

AndyM

Matt, this sounds immense! Would like to see some footage of it when you have it on the track.

What sort of final power-to-weight do you think you'll be at? I've absolutely no idea how things like the half cage effect the weight.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

s12vea

More pictures needed Matt. Any video while on the dyno she sounds like a beast!!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Anonymous

Oh spa is going to be funny if it the one with the TVR boys, when you overtake them people won't know if your going really fast or if they have just stopped.

MattPerformance

Quote from: "s12vea"More pictures needed Matt. Any video while on the dunno she sounds like a beast!!

I should be able to get some more photos today.  I wasn't there when the dyno work was done, but there will be other opportunities.  And I'll get plenty of track footage when the time comes.  It will certainly be quicker than the TVRs but I don't want to get too ahead of myself on that score - being the fastest (or whatever) car at the beginning of the day is not the same as being the fastest car at the end of the day - reliability is key!

Nigel, yes, the exhaust is Pete's work.  3.5" system, very light and VERY free-flowing it seems!! Oh and magnificent quality.

loadswine

Brilliant result Matt, well done. Putting all that power down will concentrate the mind!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
This really should be awesome on the track. Pleased all your hard work paid off.  s:) :) s:)

Yep, Pete is an artist, I bet that exhaust is something to behold.
Great stuff!   s:D :D s:D
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Mike_V

Immense !!!!!!
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

MR2 super GT

Can't wait to see this finished! What size injectors and fuel pump are being used? Is that running on super unleaded at 22psi - 25psi?
when I\'m not in traction, I\'m in action

MattPerformance

Can't actually remember what size pump and injectors we're running.  Those figures are on V Power at 22/23 psi.

A few more photos:

The underbody bracing so far (all welded to the chassis, the whole width of the car including full lengths down each sill) - this will have riv-nuts applied for fixing the flat floor.
Still have the front and rear sections to complete followed by the flat floor itself incorporating front splitter and rear diffuser.

Various angles of the exhaust from underneath. Ran out of time to take some shots from above.

And here's the rear engine mount reinforcing that became necessary!!

Once it's all done I'll get a proper camera with some proper lighting and get some... you guessed it, proper photos!!

steve b

That back box looks very small will it get through sound regs ok?

Flat floors nice touch, have a look at Elise floor for idea on setup for access, ducting etc  The C clips the Elise uses to join panels are very good.  m http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show ... tting-kit/ m
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

MattPerformance

Quote from: "steve b"That back box looks very small will it get through sound regs ok?

Flat floors nice touch, have a look at Elise floor for idea on setup for access, ducting etc  The C clips the Elise uses to join panels are very good.  m http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show ... tting-kit/ m

100dB when it was fitted, should have dropped a few since, having coked up a bit.  I also have a tail pipe splitter to trim a few more dB if needed.
The two Elise project cars I ran in the SP days are my inspiration for the flat floor.  I might give the C Clips a try for attaching the panels together at the "joins".  Will need some NACA ducts though for gearbox cooling and engine bay cooling.  Other thing to do is bonnet ventilation - all that air coming through the rads has to go somewhere!  I've a couple of spare bonnets to experiment with.

(Edited for grammar, spelling an punctuation errors   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

lars_mrs

Quote from: "MattPerformance"And here's the rear engine mount reinforcing that became necessary!!

pleas tell?  s:) :) s:)
2000 toyota mr-s turbo trackday spec

MattPerformance

Quote from: "lars_mrs"pleas tell?  s:) :) s:)

The lower of the three bolts had broken out of the gearbox casing.  To be fair it had been inserted before so the case will have been weakened.  It was spotted by the exhaust guy so I had to lash something up quickly before it went on the dyno!  I'll put some paint on it when I get under there next.

Now a couple more pics I grabbed this morning:

Looking forward to getting the side skirts on to complete the look.  Having fitted the front bumper last night I'm not sure yet about positioning of the front number plate...!

vinp182

Nice work Matt

Who mapped it?
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Nath

Looking good Matt, the machined parts should be with you tomorrow.

StuC

Liking the c-one vents  :-) :-) :-)

Can you not do what dj did and have a retractable holder for the number plate?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

PaullyP2010

Excellent work Matt, cracking result!!
Loving the look too - think the 'centre section' in the frunk needs to be green too, finish it off nicely  s:) :) s:)

Paul
2003 Sable Grey
Built 2ZZ Turbo with lots of other goodies.........

jonty

any chance of getting some photos of the brake setup Matt? Good job on getting this thing on it's wheels, especially with such impressive figures!

MattPerformance

Brakes aren't done yet.  Next major item but waiting on disc assemblies...

MattPerformance

Forgot to post this pic, for a bit of fun!  A photo of one of the 255/40 17 FZ201 tyres to fit to the back of the car, alongside a 205/50 15 new tyre for reference   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

StuC

You almost can't tell them apart.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
It was only because you said there was a new one that made me look for a sticker!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Plenty of sticky stuff for that huge power output then? What width are your rims just out if interest?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

muffdan

Quote from: "MR2 super GT"Can't wait to see this finished! What size injectors and fuel pump are being used? Is that running on super unleaded at 22psi - 25psi?

We're running the MWR 225l pump and 660 injectors.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Jubal

OMG. Lift to the station in the beast was an experience! You boys are in for a treat at Spa. I hope it goes well for you!

MattPerformance

The interior is starting to come together now...

ShieldsOnTour

Hey matt - what centre console is that? Custom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
One of *them* cars....
[strike]C-one front end & side skirts, TTE spoiler, TTE rear bumper inserts,  Anthracite post-FL wheels on Toyo T1R. 6-speed box. Cobra Quad exhaust. Red leather. Lowered. TTE style bar.  And lots of shinny ....[/strike]

Mike_V

Looking good  :-) :-) :-)  I'd be interested to know the make of those gauges.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Tags: