Idling issue

Started by Anonymous, August 21, 2012, 14:37

Anonymous

Hi fellow owners,

Bought a 2001 around amonth ago, decided I needed a new hobby and empty bank account. Turned out the car had a few issues, I wasnt aware of most the problems that come with these cars. Long stroy short I have had a precat destroyed engine so I decided to have a remanufactured engine fitted. All issues are now resolved except one.

Before the engine was replaced, I noticed that when the engine got to normal temp and I decelerated to a stop, the tick over and RPM needle would go up and down a couple of times before settling at the correct revs. I would also get vibration in the steering wheel when it did this. When cold or warming up it doesnt do it at all.

Here is what I have done so far...

New engine
Cleaned MAF
Cleaned O2 Sensors x 3
No OBD II codes (I have reader)
Replaced air filter.

All of the above have made no difference so far. I have a chap booked to come out to diagnose it in a week or so but would ideally like to try and fix it myself.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Matt

Wabbitkilla

Possible crank position sensor issue ... there's a thread somewhere, I just can't remember where.
Yes, I have the same problem, original engine at 103000 miles, I keep intending to swap it out but never seem to get around to it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Just had a look at that, needs to be ramped to get that off. I will wait for the guy to sort it.

Thanks
Matt

Tags: