H + S or Magnex

Started by Anonymous, May 18, 2004, 12:53

Anonymous

Guys ive got the cash,

I dont know which one 2 get,

H + S looks like its got the upper hand, but the magnex got bigger
pipes.

What should I get guys, reading the posts made me more confused.

If I go for the H+S does anyone have a contact number and can i purchase without fitting, how long does the order take,

or shall i just pop down the road and grab a magnex off the shelf ?

Anonymous

Well, depends what your after, its a difficult one, but i think it comes down to personal preference.

I like mine BIG!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  So the Magnex won hands down, pretty reasonable for £360 all in, delivered to my house.  She's really settled in now, makes a lovely deep purr at love revs - I may as well sell my stereo now, I prefer to listen to my exhausts!!

But I know H + S are very good and will fully customise the sound and pipes to your spec - although i think they are a little more £££.

Either way, you cant go wrong!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "j80rjo"H + S looks like its got the upper hand, but the magnex got bigger pipes.

H&S will make you pretty much whatever you want. the Magnex is a 4" exit and i know that Phil4 has the H&S with 4" tips on it.

Anonymous

How long do H + S take to deliver, anyone got a contact number / name. Get some prices. I like the magnex but it looks close to the bumper in the pics.

GSB

Click on the link in my signature line for all the H&S info you'll ever need...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

As Kris said I've got 4" H&S tailpipes on mine.

http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50286&highlight=#50286  for a GB going on now.

Anonymous

who did you get the magnex from ? My wife will spend on shoes if I dont order today.

Anonymous

Quote from: "j80rjo"who did you get the magnex from ? My wife will spend on shoes if I dont order today.

You know, a simple search for magnex turns up all you need to know... for example:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... ght=magnex m

Anonymous

point taken,

time of the month ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "j80rjo"point taken,

time of the month ?

Im just saying its usually quicker to do a search as most things have been covered before.

Anonymous

Yea sorry m8, been up since 5am. And Im fecked, promised id play football tonight also, doh

Anonymous

My magnex is being fitted as I type, with my induction kit should sound good.  What bhp do you think I will get extra. I now no stats avail but was just wondering about 2 -3 bhp. Magnex say that she will get 8 - 10 but thats a bit mmmm OK.

markiii

no chance of 8-10, 1-2 at most.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

With my BILTX kit with cold air pipe, Magnex / Blitx Iradium plugs how much extra BHP do you think ive added ?

markiii

define blitz kit?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Just a BLITZ SUS Induction kit

Anonymous

Sorry m8, blitz not blitx, my head not on today

GSB

Quote from: "j80rjo"With my BILTX kit with cold air pipe, Magnex / Blitx Iradium plugs how much extra BHP do you think ive added ?

Blitz Hot Air Intake = nil gain, perhaps even a reduction in power due to increased intake air temps. No-ones bettered the stock air intake yet. (Also, as an aside, a almost certain reduction in engine life due to the Blitz filters piss poor filtration of damaging particulates...)

Iridium plugs = nil, its only a spark plug. What's more important is when the spark is fired and how much fuel its igniting.

Magnex = 1, 2 or maybe even 3bhp. The stock exhaust is pretty restrictive, so its fairly easy to improve matters. But, you have to bear in mind that you still have the worlds most inefficient manifold, and 3 catalysts in there before the hot gas gets to you shiny new silencer.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

None of the tests posted on the forum tests were done on the SUS version just the standard one. Plus cold air is being directed from both side air vents. Hot air not an issue.

The airfilter only been on a month or so and its getting dirty, so im sure its keeping lots of crap out.

So you think about 3bhp @ the most.

Tags: