2003 on ebay usa twin turbo??

Started by porscheguy944, September 7, 2012, 06:13

Wabbitkilla

And now you're arguing semantics

from a planet somewhere nearby
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

doogz

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"And now you're arguing semantics

from a planet somewhere nearby

It's not semantics, they're 2 very different things, that are often confused.

Kinda seems like opinions on here are wrong, unless they agree with the majority.

Anonymous

What a crap thread sorry to say! The whole list of twoffle ive just read through just comes again into the whole i know best arguement started by knocking someones build that is completely original! Thats to say not one person on here can truely comment into that particular cars performance!

I hate threads like this, full of pointless hating!

LOSE.

Oh and PS i own a twin turbo and know a fair amount about the various setups available as ive experimented with them over the years, but im not making a comment here now haha!

nathanMR2

I think most would find it difficult to accept an opinion from someone who has never even driven a Turbo'd Roadster. I think if you tried a few different setups you might change your mind (as I know mine has very little noticeable lag at all) but who knows.

Having said this ive never slept with a man but I still know I wouldn't like it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

doogz

Quote from: "nathanMR2"I think most would find it difficult to accept an opinion from someone who has never even driven a Turbo'd Roadster. I think if you tried a few different setups you might change your mind (as I know mine has very little noticeable lag at all) but who knows.

Having said this ive never slept with a man but I still know I wouldn't like it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Exactly.

I've never tried mushroom ice cream, but i can tell you right now, it's not for me.

It was a really simple comment, that I don't think a turbocharged engine, in general, suits that sort of car, and that the expense in creating a twin turbocharged one with maybe 210bhp seems a bit unusual. But I'm wrong, apparently   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Wabbitkilla

That's the thing about opinions, people generally fall into different camps because they have different opinions.
If you find that your opinion is always against a large group of people then maybe you're the one who needs to change your perception a little.

We're all really just guessing how this car will perform, there are some people who have experience of turbo charged cars who have the chance of having a more educated guess than those who have no experience of turbos on these car. If you choose to ignore a majorities opinion then you're never going to learn much. Conversely if the majority doesn't listen to and consider a new opinion then they're going to get stuck in their ways and may miss a new trick.

I think pretty much, those who have experience of turbos on the MR2 see this as an interesting concept and are intrigued by what results it has. They're not prepared to outright sign off that it's a crap setup.

Those (one) who has no experience of turbos on the MR2 has signed it off as crap and pointless.

I don't own a turbo car, I have experience of having driven a few different flavours and am intrigued by this setup. Can't say if it's good bad or indifferent as regards performance, but I'm not prepared to write it off as crap without knowing the details of its performance.

Doogz, please don't take this personally, but you seem to want to create confrontation at every step of the way because hardly anyone agrees with your point of view on anything you say. That's not because they're all wrong, and they're not ganging up or becoming a clique, it's only because the group has a combined experience that disagrees. It's really up to you if you want to learn from people with experience and if others want to take on board what you say, but it's pointless having an argument about it and it just smacks of trolling.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "doogz"It was a really simple comment, that I don't think a turbocharged engine, in general, suits that sort of car, and that the expense in creating a twin turbocharged one with maybe 210bhp seems a bit unusual. But I'm wrong, apparently   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

You know, that's ok .... you enjoy the car as NA (as do I by the way), that doesn't mean it's not a good car turboed either. And it doesn't mean you're wrong for liking the NA car .... that doesn't make people wrong for liking the car turboed though .... that's what I mean by semantics. Threshold and spool are irrelevant ... until you drive the car, you can't really say how the TT operates, I admit it would be interesting to find out.

Like putting the hardtop on completely changes the look of the car ... making it two cars in one, both enjoyable in their own ways.

doogz

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"That's the thing about opinions, people generally fall into different camps because they have different opinions.
If you find that your opinion is always against a large group of people then maybe you're the one who needs to change your perception a little.

We're all really just guessing how this car will perform, there are some people who have experience of turbo charged cars who have the chance of having a more educated guess than those who have no experience of turbos on these car. If you choose to ignore a majorities opinion then you're never going to learn much. Conversely if the majority doesn't listen to and consider a new opinion then they're going to get stuck in their ways and may miss a new trick.

I think pretty much, those who have experience of turbos on the MR2 see this as an interesting concept and are intrigued by what results it has. They're not prepared to outright sign off that it's a crap setup.

Those (one) who has no experience of turbos on the MR2 has signed it off as crap and pointless.

I don't own a turbo car, I have experience of having driven a few different flavours and am intrigued by this setup. Can't say if it's good bad or indifferent as regards performance, but I'm not prepared to write it off as crap without knowing the details of its performance.

Doogz, please don't take this personally, but you seem to want to create confrontation at every step of the way because hardly anyone agrees with your point of view on anything you say. That's not because they're all wrong, and they're not ganging up or becoming a clique, it's only because the group has a combined experience that disagrees. It's really up to you if you want to learn from people with experience and if others want to take on board what you say, but it's pointless having an argument about it and it just smacks of trolling.

Maybe you struggle with reading and comprehension, maybe you're being purposely awkward, but please, point out where i said it was crap. Also, I don't think I'm the only person that commented in a not-quite "WOW, AMAZING" fashion. I'm not going to "change my perception" because it doesn't agree with everyone else, no offence, but that's really stupid.  

I never said it wasn't interesting, i think it's a very interesting set up actually. It's certainly not how I would have gone about it though.

I never suggested anyone was wrong, that's the point I've been trying to make. I've been posting my opinion. I'm not saying it's correct, that would be impossible, nor am I saying anyone else is wrong. However it seems that is happening in this thread. And typically, you don't agree with my point of view, so now i'm being called a troll.

Given your name is purple, you must be someone of authority about here. So if you have more personal comments to make, I'd expect you to take it up with me privately.

Anonymous

Lock thread please lol

Its the whole no i know what lag is, then rewording it like it means anything different.... Its really painfull to read and you doogz were not alone in this game of info tennis. When convosations end up being like that, its normally better to go quiet IMO.

doogz

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"
Quote from: "doogz"It was a really simple comment, that I don't think a turbocharged engine, in general, suits that sort of car, and that the expense in creating a twin turbocharged one with maybe 210bhp seems a bit unusual. But I'm wrong, apparently   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

You know, that's ok .... you enjoy the car as NA (as do I by the way), that doesn't mean it's not a good car turboed either. And it doesn't mean you're wrong for liking the NA car .... that doesn't make people wrong for liking the car turboed though .... that's what I mean by semantics. Threshold and spool are irrelevant ... until you drive the car, you can't really say how the TT operates, I admit it would be interesting to find out.

Like putting the hardtop on completely changes the look of the car ... making it two cars in one, both enjoyable in their own ways.

Once more, I never said anyone was wrong for liking the turbocharged car. I never said it, suggested it, insinuated it, or even thought it.

I'm glad people like their turbocharged MR2's. I like my turbocharged Impreza. I just posted my opinion, it was really a passing comment at the time, that for some reason, people have taken umbrage with.

It'll clearly be faster than a standard car, and who doesn't like going fast? It's just that no matter how hard you try with smaller turbochargers, compound charging, manifold lengths, whatever other tricks you can think of, a turbocharged engine will never be as responsive as a NA one, and in a small mid engined, relatively short RWD car, of which many people regularly exploit the full range of handling abilities, I value the throttle response more than I do in something like a FWD hatch, or 4x4, etc.

Apologies to anyone that I offended with my opinion. Apart from the guy that called me a troll.

Wabbitkilla

I think we agree it's not "WOW, amazing" ... but it is definitely intriguing.

I think we just need to agree to differ.
Your responses to the turbo fans is pretty much tantamount to "Turboes are crap on this car" ... that's your opinion, fine no problem ... if you're not happy with my opinion then fine too, but you seem to take issue with that. Just why are we arguing?

My name is purple because people trust me to be responsible for running the club along with the other two chaps on Committee, the way I see it that doesn't make me any more right than you are and I certainly don't feel the need to run people down. I do have to make difficult decisions occasionally but in general we have a good bunch of varied members on here who support each  other and are open to new ideas and discussions. I have some experience and knowledge that people might find useful and interesting, it's up to them if they want to listen.

Anyway, the topic of discussion is an intriguing and interesting car.
I think the only way you could really value it, would be to drive it ... as it stands the advert really doesn't give enough data to adequately predict it's performance or how enjoyable it would be to drive.

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]Locked.

I think you can summarise this as.

It's an interesting concept with no proof that it works.
If you like NA cars, then enjoy NA cars ... that's your gig.
If you like turbo cars, then enjoy turbo cars ... that's your gig.
If you like both, then great you're having an interesting life if you can afford one of each   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

You can't really argue about turbo lag without seeing the dyno charts, and even then you have to drive the car to see if you like it.
It's interesting to compare NA and Turbo cars, but they involve different driving styles and expectations and everyone has their own ideas about what they prefer.

It's actually interesting there are many different flavours of Turbo cars, and there are quite a few different ways to tune NA cars too.
We all like what we like, I just suggest we're open minded to ideas outside of your normal experience.

It's sunny out there, go out and enjoy it roof down.
[/MOD]

Tags: