Front Parking/Sidelights

Started by 2 of the left, September 12, 2012, 22:31

2 of the left

How on Earth do I remove the n/s parking light? - I've managed to fit the offside light but I cannot get any purchase on the n/s one to remove it!!  s:? :? s:?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

mr mr2

Bumper off
Excelsior

2 of the left

Quote from: "mr mr2"Bumper off
Already attempted!!- Also removed plastics and frunk

Chris H

Quote from: "2 of the left"

Did you find the sneaky bolt in the wheel arch behind the plastics.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .....you dont need to fully
remove the bumper for one light,there is enough "give" in the bumper to just remove a few
bolts on the side you need access...  s:) :) s:)  .

2 of the left

Quote from: "Chris H"
Quote from: "2 of the left"

Did you find the sneaky bolt in the wheel arch behind the plastics.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  .....you dont need to fully
remove the bumper for one light,there is enough "give" in the bumper to just remove a few
bolts on the side you need access...  s:) :) s:)  .
???????

Andys-N20

I can usually manage by removing as many plugs as I can (to all the other bulbs) and force my hand in there. Its a little uncomfortable tho.
Removing the light should be simple and Im sure it will have been covered already. There are three fixings. Two screws located under the tray under the bonnet and a nut. Then the light will come with a sharp pull towards the front of the car. However the bumper needs to be partially removed as the light tucks behind it.
It would be easier to fine someone with some small mits and get them to do it.  :-) :-) :-)
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

2 of the left

Quote from: "Andys-N20"I can usually manage by removing as many plugs as I can (to all the other bulbs) and force my hand in there. Its a little uncomfortable though.
Removing the light should be simple and I'm sure it will have been covered already. There are three fixings. Two screws located under the tray under the bonnet and a nut. Then the light will come with a sharp pull towards the front of the car. However the bumper needs to be partially removed as the light tucks behind it.
It would be easier to fine someone with some small mits and get them to do it.  :-) :-) :-)
s:? :? s:?    s:? :? s:?  Don't know the light to which you are referring!! - The parking / side light I'm referring to, is housed in the lens n/s and is removed by twisting 45 degs and then pulling towards the REAR ( and there is my problem - I can turn it but cannot get enough leverage/purchase to remove from housing!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Andys-N20

I was talking about the same bulb only working in the electrical industry we call bulbs bulbs and lights lights(as in the complete unit), I can usually remove the blown bulb tho its not easy.
In your case you are going to have to remove the light fitting.
Here is a link to a previous forum that includes a link to bumper removal (with pictures)
 l viewtopic.php?t=609&highlight=oven l

I note one of the members sais 'changing bulbs can be done without removal of the headlight but is a little tight', like I said... Maybe if you remove the two screws that hold the light in the light may gently lift a couple of mm to give you more room. If you do dont force it.
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

2 of the left

Quote from: "Andys-N20"I was talking about the same bulb only working in the electrical industry we call bulbs bulbs and lights lights(as in the complete unit), I can usually remove the blown bulb though its not easy.
In your case you are going to have to remove the light fitting.
Here is a link to a previous forum that includes a link to bumper removal (with pictures)
 l viewtopic.php?t=609&highlight=oven l

I note one of the members sais 'changing bulbs can be done without removal of the headlight but is a little tight', like I said... Maybe if you remove the two screws that hold the light in the light may gently lift a couple of mm to give you more room. If you do dont force it.
Cheers for this - I will make a fourth attempt - failing that, find a Japanese tourist and get him to do it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

2 of the left

EUREKA !!!! At the sixth attempt the new bulb is fitted! - On closer inspection of aperture where the bulb enters the lens I found the circular edge burred over which was causing the fitment to jam - so much so that brute force was required at the expense of yet more skin !!  s:x :x s:x

Tags: