One calliper or four...

Started by ChrisGB, February 12, 2011, 00:28

Wabbitkilla

Hi peeps, wondering if anyone has any sensible ideas about this.
I will be wanting to replace all my callipers sometime soon as they've now got 104K miles on them and they're not looking their best.

I've been looking at rear brake calipers and comparing stuff on Toyodiy.

So Facelift rear callipers have the following part numbers
Rear Right 47730-17160
Rear Left 47750-17160

Prefacelift
Rear Right 47730-17120
Rar Left 47750-17120

The torque carriers for all years are the same numbers though.
If you use the parts cross-reference tool then both sets of parts numbers show they were used 12/1999-08/2005.
So they have different part numbers but are the same?

Some places advertise refurbished callipers for all cars 1999-2006, the one or two places that show a difference actually charge way more for the facelift callipers .... I'm beginning to think it's just a rip off.   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:   Or is there really a physical difference between them?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Mike_V

Nic. This has been covered before and i do believe that they're the same item although some companies may inflate the prices for what they call "Facelift"  s:-( :-( s:-(
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.
----------------------------------------
2004 Red edition in Sable.
http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae323/Mike_V/

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]Ah there you go, topics merged[/MOD]

So they're all the same ... sorted   s:D :D s:D
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

Wabbitkilla

I'mgoing to need some bleed nipples or speed bleeders, can someone tell me what size I'm going to need please?

mr-ed_smt

M7 x 1.0 I believe.
[size=85]The never ending project - cherished daily driver, to fully-caged track toy![/size]

Mike_V

Quote from: "mr-ed_smt"M7 x 1.0 I believe.

+1

Check the length to the shoulder though Nic, think they need to be 15mm.
EX 2000 MR2 Roadster,silver,grey/black leather trim,TTE rear bumper inserts,black-grey Momo steering wheel,17" Rota GT3 wheels,KYB struts and FK springs,TRD short shifter with brass shifter bushes,Matt Performance under body brace,Megan arms,Che ARBs,Pirhana discs and Yellow stuff pads,Custom stage 2 T28 SP Turbo,charge cooler system,Helix clutch,lightened flywheel,Moroso sump, custom exhaust and induction kit,550 cc injectors,Link storm G4 ECU with 260bhp&240 ft lbs.

loadswine

They are the SB7100 from speedbleeder.com, currently 7 dollars a piece.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Mike_V

You can also get speed bleeders with a 15mm thread length from that well known site, they are cheap but work well, i use them.

Tags: