Wipers

Started by 2 of the left, October 10, 2012, 23:11

2 of the left

I'm finding the wipers failing to clear the screen - So what's the consensus on the best available ( In fact I've noticed the passenger side blade not actually contacting the screen at the outer limit of the swipe!!) - As Winter and MOT approaches I need replacements for my 2 - ONLY the best!!
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Treboeth

m http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-TOYOTA-Wip ... 926&sr=8-1 m

these have been recommended before £7.64 posted  s:D :D s:D

also on that auction site for £6.79 item no 15070786047  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

2 of the left

Quote from: "Treboeth"http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-TOYOTA-Wiper-Blades-20-19/dp/B0055PIIQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349907926&sr=8-1

these have been recommended before £7.64 posted  s:D :D s:D

also on that auction site for £6.79 item no 15070786047  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
Cheers for that - I will check those out - The ones I have onboard came with the 2 so do not know what I'm working with!!  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

Jepson246

Def rate the above linked "aero wipers" they are super bendy so stick to the windscreen and get every bit of water off it!!
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

lemans

Quote from: "2 of the left"I'm finding the wipers failing to clear the screen - So what's the consensus on the best available ( In fact I've noticed the passenger side blade not actually contacting the screen at the outer limit of the swipe!!) - As Winter and MOT approaches I need replacements for my 2 - ONLY the best!!

Don't forget thyat the passenger side should be 1" shorter than the drivers side. I f you put a 20" on the passenger side you will see the far end doesn't touch the curve of the screen. I know 'cos I have 2 x 20" on mine  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Daryl
Facelift Black MR2 with red leather interior. Hardtop, rear brace, SP body brace, TRD short shift, Mongo\'s,  Dev\'s & SP Turbo - 238bp, 220lbft.

2 of the left

Have invested in said Aero Blades should be with me by next week - Thanks peeps!!

chris3boro

I bought the above wipers, off Amazon, last week-absolutely fine, work well

2 of the left

Cheers folks - got them this morning - was told by Amazon they'd be with me on Tuesday!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Barney Bear

Big thank you to Treboeth

got a set of these ready for the 2s MOT next week and a set for the Avensis first time a wiper has cleared the screen properly

ordered another set for both so its a quick change next time

top marks for the recomendation   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Anonymous

Just ordered a set as my Miss's keeps winging about her visibility on her side, Cheers for linky !

Jay67

i've had a set of these on mine for over a year now and they still work fine!  s:) :) s:)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

2 of the left

These wipers have been fitted to the 2 for a week now - Money well spent!!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Treboeth

No problem try to help sometimes  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Zonda_

Bought a set of these last week and they are going in the bin as soon as the Bosch Aerotwin replacements arrive. Clip keeps coming loose on one and nothing will persuade it to lock down. First time I noticed it the wiper blade had nearly worked itself off.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

minimike

I have had bosch aerotwins on for about 2 months, got a good deal, about £16 I think. They are quality wipers.
2006 red, 2006 silver TF212, 2003 black, 2001 black

2 of the left

Quote from: "Zonda_"Bought a set of these last week and they are going in the bin as soon as the Bosch Aerotwin replacements arrive. Clip keeps coming loose on one and nothing will persuade it to lock down. First time I noticed it the wiper blade had nearly worked itself off.
Strange!! My blades are superb!! - You sure you fitted them correctly?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Zonda_

Not exactly a wrong way to fit them is there! The clips are a very poor fit.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Zonda_

Quote from: "minimike"I have had bosch aerotwins on for about 2 months, got a good deal, about £16 I think. They are quality wipers.

Where did you get them from? Cheapest place I found was Amazon.

dj2k21

I've got ford focus ones on mine lol they even say ford them haha had them on for 6 years now and they are still spot on lol
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Tags: