7" Touch Screen

Started by Dogsy, October 21, 2012, 09:40

Dogsy

Yo Comrades

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

I've been looking at the shiny feature rich 7" touch screens as I'm looking for a replacement for my 'oribble stock unit. Has any one found a really cheap unit with iPhone compatibility and SatNav that they would care to recommend? Will a new unit just slot in (with some rewiring) or do I need to worry about an amp etc?

Yes, I'm clueless   s:D :D s:D  

Seen some interesting ones on ebay (Can I say that on here? On a side note, I wonder how much they paid for the new logo, bet I could have done it cheaper - "why don't we just do the B in lower case?" "wow man, great idea!" "thanks, that'll be one billion dollars.")
2004 Black Beast of Bodmin Moor - Work in progress

2001 Silver Dream Machine - For Sale

Anonymous

Pioneer avh4400bt is rather nice!

Anonymous

Tried two eBay touch screens an both were faulty first one ripped me off to the tune of £300, second piece of crud went back for a refund, I ended up with a Sony unit from halfrauds.....cost a bit more but at least it is still working after a couple of years.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

In my eyes you get what you pay for and my Kenwood dnx5220bt is still going strong 4 years later. They are pricey but it just works and works well.

carlclarke

I have a Pioneer AVH-8400BT, you can use a dedicated SatNav or use a SatNav app from your iPhone. There is a bit of confusion over iPhone 5 compatibility with many units (including my AVH-8400BT) since it was launched with the new connector though. I am waiting to see if a full featured 30pin adaptor is released before I upgrade to iPhone 5.

Tags: