Handbrake

Started by whiteknight72, October 23, 2012, 11:01

whiteknight72

I've read the threads re the handbrake and was wondering if anyone could point this wanna be machanic (i.e. no skills), in the right direction?
The handbrake will hold at or near the top notch but its not convincing, so should i attempt to have a look at the rear calipers or go straight for the seats out to get to the handbrake adjustment option?
To be honest messing with the rear brakes scares me as i am willing but clueless, however i could tackle the handbrake adjustment....................
Have i just answered my own question Doh!!
Advice PLEASE  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
2006 MR2, MR02 plates,TTE twin exhaust, TTE style bar, TTE rear spoiler, decat/performance manifold, K&N filter, performance spark plugs/leads, high performance gearbox oil, fresh power steering fluid, Goodrich braided hoses, refurbished callipers/red, refurbished wheels/white, TRD valve caps, unique rare wood gear knob with TRD insert, EBC front drilled/grooved discs. Full underseal.MeisterR suspension all-round.

wotugonado

Here you go, good luck.

l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=33557 l

s:D :D s:D
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

frogger

Look at the calipers first, not at the handbrake adjustment.

As the first check, you don't even need to unbolt a thing.
Look underneath the car to see what happens to the 'cam on the caliper as you click up the handbrake.
Look to see where the 'cam sits when the handbrake is off.
Go for a drive and check to see if any abnormal amount of heat is radiating from a particular wheel (to test for other caliper binding issues).
...Then set about looking at the caliper itself armed with the results of the above checks.

Tags: