MPG not what it used to be!!

Started by 2 of the left, November 8, 2012, 22:53

2 of the left

In the last month my mpg has dropped! I have checked the usual culprits but need suggestions,in case I've missed something!!  s:? :? s:?
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

mrzwei

Apart from the obvious right foot comments then fuelllng is controlled by the ECU based upon inputs from the MAF, 02 sensors, cam / crank sensors, and the state of the injectors and possibly plugs.

Do the easy stuff first (clean the MAF and plugs) and put a code reader on it to see if there is anything stored.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

AmeR

My MPGs used to drop off a tad during colder months... Couldn't tell you if that's still true though!  s:) :) s:)

PeteT

As the temperature has dropped, I've lost about 3-4mpg on my normal commute.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Pete

dcod

Funny you should say this, my last MPG dropped from 32 to 28 ... but I can't remember put my foot down much ... I've just started using Shell rather than Asda   s:? :? s:?

My engine is also running at about 84 degrees rather than the normal 86.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

onion86

As it's been bloody cold I'd say it's most likely just down to that!  m http://alternativefuels.about.com/od/en ... elecon.htm m
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

jonone

cooler air same amount fuel = performance increase for less pedal could be fan / heater reduces mpg
30,000 miles 56 Reg 1E7 crystal silver TF 300 / 089     Yokohamas AD 08 Tyres Re-furbed Alloys in Satin Black, debadged rear Hard Top ON "turbocharged by Matt Performance "

simers

I'm gone below 28mpg now... I'm doing 24ish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Anonymous

More fuel required for colder air as it denser

Tags: