Induction kit comparisons.

Started by Zonda_, November 13, 2012, 14:13

Zonda_

I've not found anything via a search so here goes.  I'm aware that induction kits don't give the power increases they claim if any but since I took the almost home made looking one of my car and replaced with a mkiii pipe and original air box I've missed the noise!  Lets be honest, a standard Roadster sounds crap.  Which kits offer the best noise improvement (nothing deafening, been there, done that) and quality?  I've always used K&N in the past.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

onion86

Bit of a discussion here  l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31518 l

I had the AEM myself, made a nice noise difference but not too bad at all.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

FGrob

I had the Markiii Pipe and K&N set up for a while, but after some messing about I realised that any pipe which draws from the back is doomed due to heat that collects in th rear, in the end I went for the PPE option which was by far the best for noise and performance, but to maximise any set-up you need to re-map plus add a load more mods.

There is a thread somewhere which runs through the changes I went through to eventully end up with the PPE.

Rob
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

AckersMR2

Quote from: "onion86"Bit of a discussion here  l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31518 l

+1, although I fitted a TTE exhaust at the same time so I've no idea which is attributing  to what but together they sound lovely  s:) :) s:)
My only car is a Ducati 

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "onion86"Bit of a discussion here  l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31518 l

+1, although I fitted a TTE exhaust at the same time so I've no idea which is attributing  to what but together they sound lovely  s:) :) s:)
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I fitted a TTE exhaust the day after, so I remember it making a difference but obviously didn't get much experience. I completely agree it sounded lovely with them both though.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Zonda_

I'd love a new exhaust but can't justify the cost, where sells the AEM kits?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

simers

Quote from: "Zonda_"I'd love a new exhaust but can't justify the cost, where sells the AEM kits?
I'm making my own custom one I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

andydicko140

I use a K&N Apollo kit (for a Lotus Elise 1zz) which I placed behind the battery, similarly positioned to the PPE kit which Rob mentioned earlier.

I think it helps a good deal with mid range torque, over the stock system. But am unable to give any evidence as yet! However, it makes an awesome noise when on throttle and a simply hilarious sucking noise through the side vent!
[size=85]2003 8M6 Blue Roadster
Cobra Sport Quad Exhaust, Stainless Decat Manifold (Heatwrapped), Denso Iridium Plugs, Fuchs Pro S 5w40 Oil, Vent Mounted K&N 57i Induction Kit, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Upper Strut Bracing, Ultra Racing Front & Rear Lower Braces, MattPerformance TTE Brace, CHE ARB\'s, HEL Braided Lines, Tein S Tech Springs... More to come![/size]

Tags: