Seco Clutches

Started by Zonda_, November 14, 2012, 14:18

Zonda_

Anyone have any experience of these? I need a new clutch and currently Europarts have 25% of them, A Seco clutch for the 2 is around £60 trouble is I've never heard of them and have no idea of the quality.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

spit

Korean aren't they? Not a clue about their quality or heritage.

I'd be inclined to go for something like the LUK. The clutch is beautifully light but with a positive bite point. And it pulls like a train. Several members have them.

An unproven clutch at any price is a real false economy IMO. The bulk of the replacement cost is in the labour, and whatever you opt for you don't want to be paying that twice!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Zonda_

Ta, where supplies Luk ones?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Markb

I've always went for the LUK clutch kits myself in any cars i have owned....most good motor factors should be able to order one up.

dcod

This place supplied one for my 2zz and has supplied others with 1zzs. Give them a call and at least get a quote.

m http://www.charlesworthmotorsglossop.co.uk/ m
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Zonda_

Found a Luk one online for £62 inc VAT.

spit

If thats a genuine and reliable source its a great price.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Zonda_

peteopc

Otherwise known as Sutton auto factors, about 500 yards from my house. Should have no trouble with them.

Tags: