Roof hard to open

Started by 2000mk3, November 26, 2012, 21:52

2000mk3

Hi guys
    I've just bought my first mr2 mk3 and I have a problem opening the roof it doesn't want to to fit into the recess behind the seats I have to push down on it quite hard to get it to clip in. any tips or advice will be much appreciated.

petej

Be careful when closing in cold weather. The vinyl is always hesitant to fold. Might just the the temperature.

In the summer mine drops easier than a whores draws, but in winter I have to ease it down slowly.
Middle age syndrome is upon me!!  295hp 3.4l Porsche 987s is the new bigger boys toy.

roger

Its the cold weather, the top needs to be warmer so its more pliable. Run the heater for a little time OR be very careful you don't break the glass if you try when its cold.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

2000mk3

Ah great news thanks guys

AckersMR2

Also help the roof collapse by gently helping the glass down onto the parcel shelf as you fold it down (see the manual if you have one)
My only car is a Ducati 

2000mk3

I don't have a manual any suggestions where I could get my hands on one? Thinking eBay

AckersMR2

Either that or post up in the wanted section?
In the manual it suggests you place one hand top centre of the window and gently push down while with the other hand you lift the front of the roof back, it helps to get the roof material over the frame as it folds down.

You might also want to give it a clean? Try searching for roof cleaner, I use autoglym rubber and vinyl cleaner, brings it up nice and black but use it sparingly and buff it up after applying to remove and excess otherwise it'll run down your car when it rains  s;) ;) s;)
My only car is a Ducati 

dj2k21

Putting my hand on the rear window whilst folding it down come natural to me to honest. It just felt like the right thing to do lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

2000mk3

So today I let the car warm up inside and pushed the glass down and toward the front and bam....she fits like a dream thank you all so much!

StuC

Quote from: "2000mk3"bam....she fits like a dream

Not sure those 2 words should be in the same breath when talking about the hood!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Glad things are moving smoothly now  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: