Engine warning light on!

Started by Anonymous, May 30, 2004, 14:55

Anonymous

My wife was driving the car today when the above light came on, accompanied by an unwillingness of the engine to idle properly.  I have been to have a look at it, but can't see anything obviously wrong.  I started it up and the warning light stayed on and the car felt like it was only running on three cylinders or something   s:( :( s:(

I didn't want to risk driving it home and obviously Toyota will not be able to look at it till Tuesday.  Anyone have any ideas what the cause might be?

mph

First thought is MAF or O2 sensor, though could of course be injector related. Have a search on these three things, but without knowing the OBD error code, we're a bit stuck to advise you.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

MPH - thanks for that, do you think it is driveable, as I would prefer to get it home?

The O2 sensor on my other car failed, but only showed up after a diagnostic check, would it cause these type of symptoms on an MR2?

mph

Without knowing the diag code I wouldn't like to advise anything. The primary danger is running lean which could cause serious damage. The liklihood is much less severe, but best not to take chances without knowing the information. Sorry!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tags: