Rear arbs ?

Started by wotugonado, December 7, 2012, 21:03

wotugonado

Whilst attempting to remove the rear drop links to fit lowering springs, i noticed my arb has seen better days.
So what would people recommend as a replacement. Ive looked at the adjustable whitelines, any other alternatives ?
What will adjustable bring to the table as opposed to fixed ?
Lastly anyone know where to get them at decent prices ?

Too many questions, but thanks for any help.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

dj2k21

I bought ultra racing ones which are non adjustable and I noticed a huge difference. Che ones from the USA version  of a well know  auction site are cheap and very good. You can also get them from mwr.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

wotugonado

Ultra racing seem to have gone off the radar at the mo, cant seem to get hold of the uk distributor. How much did the rear cost you if you dont mind me asking ?

dj2k21

I paid 300 for the pair as a package.... whatever you do do not change the rear without the front.... it will destroy your handling and kill you... a friend of mine added one of those stupid tie bars to his civic and within 4 hours of fitting span backwards through a brick wall and into a grave yard. Buy the che ones from mwr they are thicker than standard and powder coated so will withstand rust a little bit.

[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

wotugonado

nobody seems to have any of the che on the us of a auction site or mwr.
looks like whitelines are the only option at the moment, has anyone used these or know anything about them ?

dj2k21

I know whiteline are awesome.... they stuff is brilliant quality mate.

AmeR

Quote from: "wotugonado"nobody seems to have any of the che on the us of a auction site or mwr.
looks like whitelines are the only option at the moment, has anyone used these or know anything about them ?

Or TTE?

wotugonado

Found some adjustable whitelines £156.79 inc delivery   s:D :D s:D   if anyone can beat that let me know.  I think ive found a winner though.................................

dj2k21

For a set Damn that's cheap!!!

onion86

Quote from: "dj2k21"For a set Damn that's cheap!!!

Yeah it was only about £10 cheaper than that for one last time I looked  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

wotugonado

Well as I've been a good boy this year Santa is bringing me one for xmas. I'll post up once I've fitted it  s:D :D s:D

nathanMR2

Quote from: "dj2k21"I paid 300 for the pair as a package.... whatever you do do not change the rear without the front.... it will destroy your handling and kill you... a friend of mine added one of those stupid tie bars to his civic and within 4 hours of fitting span backwards through a brick wall and into a grave yard. Buy the che ones from mwr they are thicker than standard and powder coated so will withstand rust a little bit.

I've been running a uprated rear whitelines ARB for around 10k now and I'm turbod and done some pretty hard driving at times. No ill affects yet and I've stayed pretty firmly planted on the road. I only changed the rear at the time as it looked far worse off than the front. Ive been meaning to replace the front and i'm currently looking for one but I just haven't got round to it yet  s:? :? s:?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

wotugonado

Hi Nathan how are you rating it, and what setting did you put it on ?

VVT-i

Quote from: "wotugonado"nobody seems to have any of the che on the us of a auction site or mwr.

Had them fiited for a good few years without problems.. front, rear, crash bolts and drop links....

l viewtopic.php?t=15168&highlight=whiteline l
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

wotugonado

Quote from: "VVT-i"

Had them fiited for a good few years without problems.. front, rear, crash bolts and drop links....

l viewtopic.php?t=15168&highlight=whiteline l

Cheers bud made for an interesting read, seems that theyre well worth doing.  s:D :D s:D

Mark A

Quote from: "wotugonado"Found some adjustable whitelines £156.79 inc delivery   s:D :D s:D   if anyone can beat that let me know.  I think ive found a winner though.................................

Is that for the pair?

wotugonado

Quote from: "Mark A"
Quote from: "wotugonado"Found some adjustable whitelines £156.79 inc delivery   s:D :D s:D   if anyone can beat that let me know.  I think ive found a winner though.................................

Is that for the pair?

No each one unfortunately, but still not a bad price as far as I can tell.

dj2k21

Very good price. I paid just a few quid less for the non adjustable whitelines but I'm not sure I would ever ever bother adjusting them once they were on lol

AmeR

Quote from: "AmeR"Or TTE?

wotugonado

Quote from: "AmeR"Or TTE?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   im sorry i would reply if i new what your on about  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

I might be having a blonde moment here  s:? :? s:?

dj2k21

TTE arbs rather than whiteline ones he's saying lol

wotugonado

Quote from: "dj2k21"TTE arbs rather than whiteline ones he's saying lol

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  i cant find any mention of tte arbs any where, thats why i did nt know what he was asking   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Anyone know anywhere that stocks them, i cant find them ?

dj2k21

I would think Toyota might sell them perhaps? I've not seen anybody with them but a friend had some on his Lexus is200 as they are obviously the same as a Toyota altezza

AmeR

Bought mine from my local Toyota dealer. Ordered them in for me within 48 hours. 3 way adjustable front and rear. Mine are both set on the middle on and I could tell the difference straight away!!
I was cheeky and ended up paying approx £265.  s:D :D s:D  

I did get some pricing for the ARBs GB a bit ago but it never took off.

Anonymous

Quote from: "AmeR"Bought mine from my local Toyota dealer. Ordered them in for me within 48 hours. 3 way adjustable front and rear. Mine are both set on the middle on and I could tell the difference straight away!!
I was cheeky and ended up paying approx £265.  s:D :D s:D  

I did get some pricing for the ARBs GB a bit ago but it never took off.

I too have the TTE arbs. Front set to the hardest setting and rear medium. I felt the difference straight away but now annoyed with it as I've upgraded the drop link and bushes from group buy. Anyone updated drop links and bushes and getting a rattlely noise?

Tags: