bonnet catch

Started by Anonymous, June 1, 2004, 12:21

Anonymous

help, my bonnet is stuck and wont open.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
I pull the lever next to the petrol opener and nothing happens - anyone know another way i can open the bonnet? Think the cable must have come off/snapped but not sure
grateful for any ideas
thanks Monkey

Anonymous

I had this for a while, but it was re-adjusted after a service.. and no problems since!

If you can't "tickle" the lever to get the boot to pop up, try pulling on the lever and asking a friend to press down on the lid.. it should release that way. I expect the cable has just stretched a bit.

If it's become disconnected however.. I have no idea!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Tim

Anonymous

cheers tim
will try that - fingers crossed

loadswine

Mine gets a little stuck sometimes. I just give the lid a little thump at the window end and it pops up. Not as good as readjustment ,I know,but it works for me!
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Shouldn't you be pulling the lever in the glove box to open the bonnet?   s:? :? s:?

loadswine

[/quote]Shouldn't you be pulling the lever in the glove box to open the bonnet?
Ah yes you spotted the mistake,I do pull the lever first! Sorry about that.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Sorry loadswine, that was directed at da monkey  s:) :) s:)

Just in case the wrong lever is being pulled and somewhere a '2 is driving around with a flapping engine cover or a huge makeshift spoiler   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

maybe i have confused things meant the engine cover   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

if it's the rear lid, you may be able to crawl under the car and reach up to the catch inside the boot?  I haven't looked to see if it's poss, but I managed this years agon on a tr7 with a similar problem.   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

Cant you just take it to Mr T or is your car out of warranty?

GSB

I would think that the only way to do it was to knock out the little black grill in the back bumper, and go from there, either by unlocking or completely unbolting the lock. But its probabley a job best left to Toyota. Phone them up and ask the workshop guys how they do it, they'll tell you to bring it in to them, but tell them you've locked the keys under the bonnet or something and they may take pity and let you in on the secret...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

thanks for all the help, sorry meant to post reply yesterday   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
Tims advice worked, got a mate to push down on the lid above the catch while i jiggled the lever and hey presto - open sesame

Anonymous

The MR T service guy told me to keep the rear lid working, you occasionally have to adjust the rubber "bumpers" located at the outside corners on the body. They are held in place by locknuts when you get the adjustment correct. They keep the deck lid from going too low when it's closed.

Rex

Tem

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: